Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Original Sims 3 PC - Want to download Pets expansion torrent

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Original Sims 3 PC - Want to download Pets expansion torrent Empty Original Sims 3 PC - Want to download Pets expansion torrent

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jun 2016, 05:35

Okay, so I have no idea what I'm doing.. I have the Sims 3 base game from Origin, so no CD. I have a few expansion packs that I've bought, like To the Future, University, Seasons, ect. But, I don't have Pets, and I really want it but, can't afford to pay for it! I've heard if I just download u-torrent, and torrent it from there, I'll have it. But, I'm still so confused on how this works.. Will a torrent work with my original purchased game? How exactly do I download a torrent? Please help! Thank you (:

Back to top Go down

Original Sims 3 PC - Want to download Pets expansion torrent Empty Re: Original Sims 3 PC - Want to download Pets expansion torrent

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jun 2016, 06:24

Hi there, @hashtagmilf, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Indeed, you can download Pets from here and it should work fine with your current setup. You first need to install any torrent client, like qBittorrent, BitTorrent or uTorrent. Then, go to this page here:
https://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

You'll find all of our downloads there. Search for the one that says The Sims 3: Pets [FIXED] (important that it's the fixed version), and then click on the Magnet on the left side of the link. It should prompt you to open the link with the Torrent Client you installed. Do so, configure where you want to download the file, and start it.

As soon as it's finished, you should have a RAR archive in the location you chose. You should then use WinRAR to extract the folders inside. Now, install the Expansion Pack just running the setup.exe and using the serial key you'll find in the Installation Guide that comes inside the archive (don't follow the rest of the guide).

After the Expansion Pack is installed, just follow the steps 4 and 5 from this guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

It should work correctly after that. Let us know how it goes, or if you have any questions at all. Good luck! Wink

Back to top Go down

Original Sims 3 PC - Want to download Pets expansion torrent Empty Re: Original Sims 3 PC - Want to download Pets expansion torrent

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jun 2016, 12:14

This was exactly what I was wondering about, so I hope it's okay I post here?

I have the base game, Late Night and University Life downloaded from Origin + Pets from a legit disk. I followed these instructions to install Showtime, Seasons and Supernatural, and now the Sims 3 Launcher and TS3W.exe crash upon opening.

How to fix? Thanks.

EDIT: Not due to CC, also tried uninstalling the games4theworld expansions but the game still won't launch - I crapped up and lost the original TS3.exe and launcher .exes, will I have to reinstall?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jun 2016, 21:37

With original Games installed, stick to Poweriso downloads.
These are exact duplicates from the original games and PowerIso only (so not Daemon, MagicIso or whatever other iso-handler you use) is capable of copying the security items.
Having a Poweriso download mounted in a virtual Poweriso-drive is exactly the same as having an original CD in your CD-station.
You can safely update via Origin as Origin sees no difference between original CD's and Poweriso copies.
No cracks required, simply download, mount in Poweriso, install and play as long as your highest expansion (original or pirated) is actually or virtually in your CD-station.
For further info, check your inbox for a pm with details.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jun 2016, 22:03

mungocharley wrote:This was exactly what I was wondering about, so I hope it's okay I post here?

I have the base game, Late Night and University Life downloaded from Origin + Pets from a legit disk. I followed these instructions to install Showtime, Seasons and Supernatural, and now the Sims 3 Launcher and TS3W.exe crash upon opening.

How to fix? Thanks.

EDIT: Not due to CC, also tried uninstalling the games4theworld expansions but the game still won't launch - I crapped up and lost the original TS3.exe and launcher .exes, will I have to reinstall?

Hi there, @mungocharley! Very Happy

Did you follow the instructions to apply the Ultimate Fix? That crashing could be that the crack wasn't properly applied. If you want some specific help, please open a new topic. It will keep the discussion more organized and easier to follow. Thanks in advance!

Tarac wrote:With original Games installed, stick to Poweriso downloads.
These are exact duplicates from the original games and PowerIso only (so not Daemon, MagicIso or whatever other iso-handler you use) is capable of copying the security items.
Having a Poweriso download mounted in a virtual Poweriso-drive is exactly the same as having an original CD in your CD-station.
You can safely update via Origin as Origin sees no difference between original CD's and Poweriso copies.
No cracks required, simply download, mount in Poweriso, install and play as long as your highest expansion (original or pirated) is actually or virtually in your CD-station.
For further info, check your inbox for a pm with details.

There really shouldn't be any need for that. I personally have the original base game and some original expansions, installed next to the rest of the EPs from G4TW. It works perfectly fine and without any problems, following exactly the same process. It's more work having to juggle around the mounting and unmounting of ISOs, apart from having to install yet another program to keep the game functioning. With the crack, you just copy some files and that's the end of it.

Also to keep in mind: we can't guarantee that any releases that aren't from here will work fine, so we can't provide support in those cases. If there's any trouble, you are on your own. At the end, it's your choice, of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jun 2016, 22:18

I fully agree with the above statement about iso-files aso.
When the G4TW-instructions are followed there should not be any problem.
But howmany topics are there on this forum about ptoblems with installing EP's and SP's of the Sims 3 ?
Poweriso equals legal CD's, so why all the hassle with fixes, ultimate fixes, final fixes aso ?
Download, mount, install, play, as easy as that.
(No I have no shares or bonds in Poweriso)

And yes, when everything is installed, it can be handy to apply a crack for Into the Future.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 09 Jun 2016, 22:53

Hello,

I understand what you're saying, and we do appreciate the input, but most problems are caused by user-error.
Adding another software to the mix is only going to increase the amount of problems posted. When applied correctly, the fix (the one and only fix) works 100% of the time. There is only one crack, it doesn't apply to "Into the future" or any other EP, it applies to a certain game version, 1.67.xx to be exact. 
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jun 2016, 00:10

@SeoY - Yes, I did. I'm going to open a new topic now in that case.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 10 Jun 2016, 06:32

Tarac wrote:I fully agree with the above statement about iso-files aso.
When the G4TW-instructions are followed there should not be any problem.
But howmany topics are there on this forum about ptoblems with installing EP's and SP's of the Sims 3 ?
Poweriso equals legal CD's, so why all the hassle with fixes, ultimate fixes, final fixes aso ?
Download, mount, install, play, as easy as that.
(No I have no shares or bonds in Poweriso)

And yes, when everything is installed, it can be handy to apply a crack for Into the Future.

I believe we had that discussion already in the past @Tarac, and I also believe I mentioned it back then too. In case not, bear in mind too that running these virtualized disc images will need additional system resources too, which will be "felt" especially if a user does not have a strong computer.

Of course, with a bada$$-gaming machine it probably won't matter what you do or don't do. Very Happy

In some games, you need to keep the original files if you want to update the game with an official patch. In that sense, I imagine it could be useful to use .ISO images rather than cracked .exe's. But that does not apply to TS3 (anymore !), since the development of the game has stopped, and regardless of whether you applied cracked .exe files to the game, you can update it with the manual patch.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jun 2016, 13:09

As I mentioned many times, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the G4TW downloads and their system used, provided people read the instructions carefully.
Most forum-moderators, incl. myself on my forum, presume that all EP's and SP's have been downloaded and installed because they are so easily available to the members.
Problems seem to arise from the fact that NOT ALL EP's are installed.
If you have f.e. the base game + University only, the ultimate fix won't work because you would need the crack for University in the University-folder and not the crack in the Basegame folder. (Generations and later).

I know from experience that writing a manual (even in my own native Dutch language) is sometimes very hard to do, let alone in another language.
People very often think however that they can skip certain lines of instructions or that such instructions are not applicable to them.

I very much appreciate that G4TW is trying to keep downloads as small as possible trying to avoid extra strain on computer resources and as said, they WORK perfectly.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 10 Jun 2016, 13:32

Tarac wrote:
If you have f.e. the base game + University only, the ultimate fix won't work because you would need the crack for University in the University-folder and not the crack in the Basegame folder. (Generations and later).

Hello,

This isn't true though, you can use the same crack for all your (Generations and later) combinations. As long as the gameversion is 1.67.xx
As a matter of fact, you need at least one of those (Generations and later) expansions or stuffpacks, but it doesn't have to be the latest EP. You can use whichever one you want, and add other EP's or SP's later, and you'd only have to copy that same crack again, if any.

There are no cracks for the EP's anymore, that's what changed with Generations. 
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jun 2016, 15:11

As I stated before:
You assume that people have Generations or later installed.
What if they haven't ?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 10 Jun 2016, 15:25

Tarac wrote:As I stated before:
You assume that people have Generations or later installed.
What if they haven't ?

Maybe the old crack(s) were different, but the for the current fix it doesn't matter - anymore - which expansion or stuffpack has been installed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top