Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 2 - Autorun stops/ cannot install after seasons. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 - Autorun stops/ cannot install after seasons. [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 2 - Autorun stops/ cannot install after seasons. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jun 2016, 17:55

The EA Autorun stops and interrupts everytime I try to instal any of the EP and SP after seasons, I have done everything I could, even the fixes stated in a post about this same issue (re-extracting to a new folder, and even running it with the compatibility mode) yet it does not allow me to instal any EP and SP after seasons. Please help

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 - Autorun stops/ cannot install after seasons. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 2 - Autorun stops/ cannot install after seasons. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jun 2016, 18:09

Have you applied the latest update for the sims-2 ?

Unpack with Winrar and copy/paste the contents of the update to the root folder of
Program Files(x86) - EA Games - The Sims 2  (overwrite, yes)

Or, have you tried to install these extension earlier and tried to removed them ?

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 - Autorun stops/ cannot install after seasons. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 2 - Autorun stops/ cannot install after seasons. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jun 2016, 18:20

I did exactly what you told me and it still did not work, the Autorun still crashes.
I had the sims 2 installed a few months back, but I uninstalled it, is that the reason it doesn't work now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jun 2016, 18:30

If you do not uninstall in the proper manner, the register still maintains items of the sims-2, preventing it from installing a second time.
You must clear the register manually.

Press the windows key + R
Type regedit in the window
Look for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and click the folder open
Look for Software and click it open
(for 64 bits Windows, look for Wow6432Node and click it open)
Look for EA Games and click it open
Select the extensions you want to remove, rightclick on them and select Remove.
Close the register
Re-boot the computer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jun 2016, 20:46

It worked! Thank you so much  All Hail Carlos!

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Smile

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top