Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 2 autorun.exe - Insert disk 1. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 2 autorun.exe - Insert disk 1. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 2 autorun.exe - Insert disk 1. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 05 Jul 2016, 22:57

Hello, I recently tried installing the sims 2 Open for Business and I keep getting the insert disk 1. I checked and read through many forums over and over and I'm just not getting it. I'm trying to install it. I even extracted to a new folder and it just didn't work. I can't continue because I'm trying to follow all the steps  Sims 2 autorun.exe - Insert disk 1. [SOLVED] V0Jl0ev

I'm trying to follow all of them and it says to follow each step.. but I can't because of this disc error. I seem like I need step by step.. I just really need help so I can continue to install the rest. I'm sorry I just want to play the sims 2 badly.

Sims 2 autorun.exe - Insert disk 1. [SOLVED] FyKvXj9

Please help me.

Back to top Go down

Sims 2 autorun.exe - Insert disk 1. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 2 autorun.exe - Insert disk 1. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 05 Jul 2016, 23:21

Hello, and welcome to the forum,  Very Happy
to solve your problem read this post.

Back to top Go down

Sims 2 autorun.exe - Insert disk 1. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 2 autorun.exe - Insert disk 1. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 05 Jul 2016, 23:45

simmer_tony wrote:Hello, and welcome to the forum,  Very Happy
to solve your problem read this post.

I have. I'm just confused and unsure. I have done everything it says. I still get it. Like it says after installation to then do the patch # and 2 but it can't install if it still says I need to insert the disk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Jul 2016, 09:58

1) Create new folder. Name it whatever you want.
2) Copy Open for Bussines .rar file to newly created folder.
3) Right-click on .rar file and select Extract Here.
4) Wait for extraction to end.
5) Move folder to desktop.
6) Try running AutoRun.exe

Also, just to be sure: did you extract the .rar file, or did you start the installation directly from the .rar file?

Please keep us updated, good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jul 2016, 20:49

I got it to run. It's been solved. Thank you very much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Jul 2016, 06:38

I'm actually still having this issue and none of the suggested fixes have worked. I've extracted 3 times into a new file, run them all as admin, even tried to re-download the whole thing.

Is there anything else I can do?

Edit: I should probably say I'm running on Windows XP Professional, version 2002, service pack 3. (For what it is worth.)

Edit #2: I fixed my issue by re-naming the whole file itself and running it that way.

1.) Moved it
2.) Renamed it
3.) Ran as admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 15 Jul 2016, 10:38

texanroses wrote:I'm actually still having this issue and none of the suggested fixes have worked. I've extracted 3 times into a new file, run them all as admin, even tried to re-download the whole thing.

Is there anything else I can do?

Edit: I should probably say I'm running on Windows XP Professional, version 2002, service pack 3. (For what it is worth.)

Edit #2: I fixed my issue by re-naming the whole file itself and running it that way.

1.) Moved it
2.) Renamed it
3.) Ran as admin

Good to hear you fixed it!
In the future, please open a new topic, even if your issue is similar. We like to keep the problems organised by user rather than issue Smile

Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1  topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top