Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't install Sims 3 Seasons (using a Mac) [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't install Sims 3 Seasons (using a Mac) [SOLVED] Empty Can't install Sims 3 Seasons (using a Mac) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2012, 21:56

Hello, I've been reading this forum for a long time and it's been incredibly helpful. So first off, thank you!

Alright, so I got the Seasons torrent from G4TW, and had no problem extracting it. The setup file is an .exe which I cannot run since I am using a Mac. I tried using the "The Sims 3 Installer App" and it would launch, bounce in the dock for a long time, and nothing happened. Is there any way to fix this so the game can be installed? Am I doing it incorrectly?

Any help would be appreciated.

(And yes I'll continue seeding the game! Shocked )

Last edited by antiskub on Thu 15 Nov 2012, 08:32; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : changed thread title)

Back to top Go down

Can't install Sims 3 Seasons (using a Mac) [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't install Sims 3 Seasons (using a Mac) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2012, 23:08

If you have a Mac, I'd try asking in the Mac forums. There's probably a lot more resources for you there. =)

ETA: Just looking in the Mac forum I found this:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2755-easy-method-of-installing-sims-3-base-gameexpansions-mac-guide

Back to top Go down

Can't install Sims 3 Seasons (using a Mac) [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't install Sims 3 Seasons (using a Mac) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 00:21

Thanks for the reply Katy!

I couldn't use the links in the guide you posted however since the G4TW website itself is down so I cannot access the guides page -_-'

I did some snooping and managed to get relatively far with this issue:

1. You have to use Stuffit Expander instead of Unarchiver to open up the installer app. You can download this program free straight from the mac app store.

2. I ran into a second error after I was able to boot the installer itself, saying that it "could not verify integrity of the installer". You can get around that by making a new disk image in the Disk Utility, and then copying over the whole contents of the Sims 3 Seasons .rar over onto it. It has to be the CONTENTS of the folder, not the folder itself. After doing so, you can launch the installer application and go through the game installation as usual.

This thread helps with the error in step 2:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/139847.page

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 00:23

Good to know. I don't personally use a Mac but that's helpful to know for the future. ^-^

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 15 Nov 2012, 22:21

Hello there,

Glad to hear you got it solved! Enjoy the game! Can't install Sims 3 Seasons (using a Mac) [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top