Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 2 Complete Collection - can't install Family Fun. [SOLVED]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - The Sims 2 Complete Collection - can't install Family Fun. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty The Sims 2 Complete Collection - can't install Family Fun. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jun 2016, 19:08

First topic message reminder :

Hello!  I'm new here.
I've got your's Sims 2 Complete Collection torrent, downloaded and extracted it into fresh folder. The installation was fine until I tried to install Bon Voyage and Family Fun. When I clicked AutoRun.exe on both of games, a window "Please insert disk number 1" appeared before language selection, not after, which is odd. Strangely, the rest of EPs and SPs autoruns run fine without problems.  Hmmm, sure? I moved both games to the other folders, run them as administrator and in compability mode, but it helped nothing. Has anybody got any solution for this strange problem? pale

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 19:21; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : BV problem solved)

Back to top Go down

silent install - The Sims 2 Complete Collection - can't install Family Fun. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims 2 Complete Collection - can't install Family Fun. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2016, 13:31

It says that it can't locate CD-ROM. And I think it's for running the game.

Back to top Go down

silent install - The Sims 2 Complete Collection - can't install Family Fun. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims 2 Complete Collection - can't install Family Fun. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2016, 13:32

Did you try restarting PC and then installing?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2016, 13:34

Yes, I did.
And from curiousity - I also tried FF from other release and the same error appeared.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 16 Jun 2016, 13:38

nikomiku wrote:Yes, I did.
And from curiousity - I also tried FF from other release and the same error appeared.

And what happens if you use the Autorun.exe instead...?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2016, 13:41

I suspose problem is in AutoRun.exe so solution could be to run alternative installer that runs setup.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2016, 13:45

I think so that it's something with AutoRun, but it also happens in other releases of FF.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 16 Jun 2016, 13:47

nikomiku wrote:I think so that it's something with AutoRun, but it also happens in other releases of FF.

OK, could you maybe show us a screenshot if that specific error message you are getting ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2016, 13:50

Yes:
silent install - The Sims 2 Complete Collection - can't install Family Fun. [SOLVED] - Page 2 E1m5US1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2016, 20:52

Most probably Family Fun is (partially) installed.
Remove with Unnstall
Install again

As error-message contains "LOCALE" it could mean a language problem.
Game is f.e. in English and you are trying to install Family Fun in Chinese.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2016, 21:55

Well, I don't have Family Fun in Programs & Features. And I don't think there's a problem with location - I have installed all my games in English and this window appears before language selection.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2016, 22:04

Check the register

1. Press Windowskey + R
2. Type regedit in the window
3. Click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
4. Click on Wow6432Node
5. Click on SOFTWARE
6. Click on EA Games
7. See which packs are installed
8. Delete Family Fun (or whatever expansion you have problems with)
9. Close the register
10. Re-boot your computer

Try to install now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2016, 22:31

I don't have any registry keys for Family Fun. Well, I think I'm just unlucky.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 16 Jun 2016, 22:45

Tarac wrote:Check the register

1. Press Windowskey + R
2. Type regedit in the window
3. Click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
4. Click on Wow6432Node
5. Click on SOFTWARE
6. Click on EA Games
7. See which packs are installed
8. Delete Family Fun (or whatever expansion you have problems with)
9. Close the register
10. Re-boot your computer

Try to install now

Since the OP mentioned that the game was never even installed in the first place, there won't be any registry entries either. Though of course it can be helpful to have a quick look in case of false memories (on the user side); or the like.

nikomiku wrote:I don't have any registry keys for Family Fun. Well, I think I'm just unlucky.

Yes, at that point I'm not sure what is happening on your end or what else to suggest. It could be something Windows-related.  Maybe you could use the SecuROM removal-tool that I mentioned in this topic

Other than that, you extracted the contents of Family Fun Stuff into a folder, right ? Could you show us a screenshot from the inside of the folder, from where you are trying ti run the setup ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016, 09:55

Error message: Unable to locate Sims2SP1.exe.
This file should be in the Folder TSBin of the download but is not required for the installation. Must however be copied by the install to your installation folder.
Check for the folder TSBin in the download - did you have any error-messages whilst unpacking with Winrar ?

You start the installation with EA AutoRun.exe in the root-folder of the download.
silent install - The Sims 2 Complete Collection - can't install Family Fun. [SOLVED] - Page 2 1875828_orig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016, 10:40

I finally installed Family Fun! IAmSoHappyEmergahwd
I had to turn my system in safe mode and AutoRun started and installed normally!
Thanks everyone for help! Carlos is tha man!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 21 Jun 2016, 19:20

nikomiku wrote:I finally installed Family Fun! IAmSoHappyEmergahwd
I had to turn my system in safe mode and AutoRun started and installed normally!
Thanks everyone for help! Carlos is tha man!!!

Interesting fix...thanks for sharing it with us. Very Happy  If you need more support in the future, feel free to open a new topic, anytime again. Since your problem seems solved now, I will close the thread. Have fun !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top