Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't change SIMS 4 LANGUAGE - ALSO WITH REGEDIT. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't change SIMS 4 LANGUAGE - ALSO WITH REGEDIT. [SOLVED] Empty Can't change SIMS 4 LANGUAGE - ALSO WITH REGEDIT. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jun 2016, 10:58

Hello ! 
I have a problem with the language of Sims 4. I follow all "MUST READ" instruction and the game is working but in English.. 

According to the others post about this problem I came into REGEDIT but I didn't found a MAXIS folder in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE. 

By the way, 
Maxis -The Sims 4 only exist in WOW6432Node folder, and I already change LOCALE in fr_FR and GDFBinary in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\__Installer\GDFBinary_fr_FR.dll

So, I am a little bit lost, and if someone have an idea.. 
Thank you Smile 
(and sorry for my English --')

Back to top Go down

Can't change SIMS 4 LANGUAGE - ALSO WITH REGEDIT. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't change SIMS 4 LANGUAGE - ALSO WITH REGEDIT. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 19 Jun 2016, 11:09

Chathon wrote:Hello ! 
I have a problem with the language of Sims 4. I follow all "MUST READ" instruction and the game is working but in English.. 

According to the others post about this problem I came into REGEDIT but I didn't found a MAXIS folder in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE. 

By the way, 
Maxis -The Sims 4 only exist in WOW6432Node folder, and I already change LOCALE in fr_FR and GDFBinary in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\__Installer\GDFBinary_fr_FR.dll

So, I am a little bit lost, and if someone have an idea.. 
Thank you Smile 
(and sorry for my English --')

Hello and welcome to the forum @Chathon,

You must change BOTH the "Locale" and "GDFBinary" entries. Did you do that ? See my example screenshot here. Smile

Can't change SIMS 4 LANGUAGE - ALSO WITH REGEDIT. [SOLVED] Screenshot300c

P.S. are you running the TS4_x64.exe, maybe ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Can't change SIMS 4 LANGUAGE - ALSO WITH REGEDIT. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't change SIMS 4 LANGUAGE - ALSO WITH REGEDIT. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jun 2016, 11:17

Oh ! Thanks for ur very fast answer Smile
Yes, I did it, and i also try to change it in Deutsh to see if it was a problem only with french, but it also doesn't work (the game still in english)
Yes, I try to play with TS4_x64.exe ..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jun 2016, 11:22

If everything fails, download the Language Changer

Place the file in the Root directory of the Sims 4, f.e. C:\Program Files(x86)\The Sims 4
Dubbleclick on it, choose your preferred language and wait till there is no further cursor activity

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 19 Jun 2016, 11:22

Chathon wrote:Yes, I try to play with TS4_x64.exe ..

That's what I suspected, the installer from G4TW only comes with the registry entries for the 32-bit executable (at the time Sims 4 was released, there was no TS4_x64.exe yet). 

But if you want to use the TS4_x64.exe the game needs to find a registry entry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Maxis -> The Sims 4. If it's not there, you can easily create them on your own. In this case, I did that myself, and you can download the registry entries in this topic here.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22096-experimental-language-change-and-the-ts4_x64-exe

Read the descriptions too though ! Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jun 2016, 11:30

Okay, I'll try and I'll keep you informed =)

//EDIT

Soo ! Cool thank you very much, I tried your solution The_gh0stm4n , and it works. I am sorry I didn't see this post  --'
Thank you for your answer Can't change SIMS 4 LANGUAGE - ALSO WITH REGEDIT. [SOLVED] Icon_smile !

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 20 Jun 2016, 11:42

Chathon wrote:Okay, I'll try and I'll keep you informed =)

//EDIT

Soo ! Cool thank you very much, I tried your solution The_gh0stm4n , and it works. I am sorry I didn't see this post  --'
Thank you for your answer Can't change SIMS 4 LANGUAGE - ALSO WITH REGEDIT. [SOLVED] Icon_smile !

No worries, the guide that I linked to is located in an usual section of the forum (and I'm planning on re-writing the guide for language change, soon). Unless you were really familiar with the forum, you would have difficulties in finding that.

Have fun with the game and don't hesitate to get back to us in case of future problems - just open a new topic then. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top