Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buying base game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Buying base game? Empty Buying base game?

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jun 2016, 15:49

Hi Games4TheWorld,

I saw EA is giving a 60% discount on the base game of The Sims 4. I'm considering to buy it, so I could use the gallery.  My only concern is that won’t be able to use your expansion packs. So my question is whether it’s possible to use the official base game with cracked expansion packs and still access the gallery.

Thanks in advance,

JannesVD

Back to top Go down

Buying base game? Empty Re: Buying base game?

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jun 2016, 16:44

Yes it is possible but prone to mistakes whereby you loose the pirated expansions.
It's not recommendable

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jun 2016, 17:52

I recommend you to buy because you'll won't see The Sims 4 on -60% discount long time. You can install it and use to access gallery. Download and save wanted lots, rooms...
If you really want to keep everything on just one machine, you will need to think about ways to avoid conflicts. For instance, if you play a pirated Sims 4, you will have the folder "The Sims 4", under Documents\Electronic Arts. Now, if you later on switch to the legit Sims 4 because you want to download from the gallery, make sure that you RENAME the folder "The Sims 4" under that location, and mark it in a way so that you can identify it later on. For instance, rename it into "The Sims 4_pirated".
It looks a bit complicated, but this practicality-related issue with these folders under Documents\Electronic Arts, is another reason I usually suggest to have these things on separate computers. You can imagine (maybe), that the average user seeking help on here will probably be totally confused now, but in essence, this is a method to have both legit and pirated games on a single computer. Buying base game? Icon_biggrin
If you have two computer on one play pirated and on other legal. Do you have two computers so I can personalize this guide for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jun 2016, 18:53

simmer_tony wrote:I recommend you to buy because you'll won't see The Sims 4 on -60% discount long time. You can install it and use to access gallery. Download and save wanted lots, rooms...
If you really want to keep everything on just one machine, you will need to think about ways to avoid conflicts. For instance, if you play a pirated Sims 4, you will have the folder "The Sims 4", under Documents\Electronic Arts. Now, if you later on switch to the legit Sims 4 because you want to download from the gallery, make sure that you RENAME the folder "The Sims 4" under that location, and mark it in a way so that you can identify it later on. For instance, rename it into "The Sims 4_pirated".
It looks a bit complicated, but this practicality-related issue with these folders under Documents\Electronic Arts, is another reason I usually suggest to have these things on separate computers. You can imagine (maybe), that the average user seeking help on here will probably be totally confused now, but in essence, this is a method to have both legit and pirated games on a single computer. Buying base game? Icon_biggrin
If you have two computer on one play pirated and on other legal. Do you have two computers so I can personalize this guide for you.

I understand what you mean. I'll make two seperate games folders so I can download content from the legit one and use them on my cracked game.

Thanks!  Yess, aye lieeke!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jun 2016, 19:00

But be sure to not mess up because you'll might accidentaly update your pirated game, break crack and then you'll have to reinstall pirated game.

Last edited by simmer_tony on Mon 20 Jun 2016, 11:53; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 20 Jun 2016, 11:50

JannesVD wrote:Hi Games4TheWorld,

I saw EA is giving a 60% discount on the base game of The Sims 4. I'm considering to buy it, so I could use the gallery.  

It it's worth the money for you, go ahead. Other than that, you might as well pirate the base game too. Bear in mind that you will also need to configure your anti-virus (and firewall) exclusions properly in order to be able to play the game, after you added the pirated DLC on top of it. Have a look at the thread here for an overview of what needs to be done:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jun 2016, 22:21

I'm tempted to buy the base game in order to access the gallery too, however just a question. 

Is it possible to download lots/sims/etc even if they contain items/clothes/etc from stuff packs/expansions? Obviously those items wouldn't transfer to my legal base game but would they work in my pirated copy (with the current expansions/stuff packs/game packs)?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jun 2016, 22:32

You can download everything from gallery and it doesn't depend of addons you own. But when you download from gallery you can download items from Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Luxury Party Stuff Pack, Perfect Patio Stuff Pack, Cool Kitchen Stuff Pack, Spooky Stuff Pack, Get to Work and Get Together packs and expansions. If you download some items from other addons that aren't listed here they won't show up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top