Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any way to recover my game after updating origin base game but G4TW expansions? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Any way to recover my game after updating origin base game but G4TW expansions? [SOLVED] Empty Any way to recover my game after updating origin base game but G4TW expansions? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jan 2017, 08:23

I did a stupid thing and updated Origin and now my game won't work at all, I get an error message saying that I need to update Origin to play. I have a bought Digital Copy of the base game but everything else is from G4TW. I tried recopying over the files from the City Living update but that was no good, any idea on how to degrade Origin or something? Or am I going to have to reinstall everything?

Back to top Go down

Any way to recover my game after updating origin base game but G4TW expansions? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Any way to recover my game after updating origin base game but G4TW expansions? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jan 2017, 10:29

When you update via Origin all pirated expansions are de-activated.
Ypu have to re-install the pirated DLC's.

Leaves you with the "problem" that your gameprogression is in version 1.26 and the pirated games are still on 1.25.
Simple solution: Go to Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 4 and remove the file GameVersion.
(In my case C:\Users\tarac\Documents\Electronic Arts\De Sims 4)

When you then start the game it is in 1.25 and no error popping up about updating via Origin.

Back to top Go down

Any way to recover my game after updating origin base game but G4TW expansions? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Any way to recover my game after updating origin base game but G4TW expansions? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jan 2017, 20:55

Ah okay, that is very simple, thank you so much!

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed.

-The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top