Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game crashes on the very first loading screen. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game crashes on the very first loading screen. [SOLVED] Empty Game crashes on the very first loading screen. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jun 2016, 18:27

Hey! it's the first time I post in a forum so sorry if I got this on the wrong section, and sorry for my bad English
Today I downloaded Sims3, Sims3 Pets, and Sims3 University Life, I followed the downloading steps and It worked perfectly fine
Later on I decided to restore my older save game and mods, I copied my older Sims3 documents folder and pasted it in the correct location, but when I opened the game it said that it's unable to start bc the version of the base game doesn't go with the expansion packs
I checked and made sure that I actually have the correct version
I went to my saves folder, backed up my saves, and then opened the game, it worked fine
Then did the same thing I did the first time again (copied the documents folder) but this time I only copied "Saved Sims", "Mods", and "Downloads" folders
The game works but it minimizes before the launching video, and when I open it again it runs until the very first loading screen and crashes as soon as it starts loading
How can i fix this? Why God.

Back to top Go down

Game crashes on the very first loading screen. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game crashes on the very first loading screen. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 Jun 2016, 09:22

aboodles wrote:Hey! it's the first time I post in a forum so sorry if I got this on the wrong section, and sorry for my bad English
Today I downloaded Sims3, Sims3 Pets, and Sims3 University Life, I followed the downloading steps and It worked perfectly fine
Later on I decided to restore my older save game and mods, I copied my older Sims3 documents folder and pasted it in the correct location, but when I opened the game it said that it's unable to start bc the version of the base game doesn't go with the expansion packs
I went to my saves folder, backed up my saves, and then opened the game, it worked fine
Then did the same thing I did the first time again (copied the documents folder) but this time I only copied "Saved Sims", "Mods", and "Downloads" folders
The game works but it minimizes before the launching video, and when I open it again it runs until the very first loading screen and crashes as soon as it starts loading

Hello and welcome to the forum @aboodles,

I'll be honest: if the information you gave is correct, I'm not sure what you can do solve this. But first of all, try re-applying the manual patch and then the Ultimate fix. That means, re-do steps #2, #4 and #5 here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

If you already downloaded the manual patch and Ultimate fix, you can still use them again (no need to "re-download"). Then it depends. In your earlier installation of Sims 3, what expansions did you have installed ? Only Pets & University Life, or maybe more expansions ?

You MUST make sure that in your new installation, you have all the expansions and stuffpacks, that you also had in your previous installation of Sims 3, otehrwise your save may not load (fine).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Game crashes on the very first loading screen. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game crashes on the very first loading screen. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jun 2016, 11:45

I am pretty sure the Info is correct
I will try the manual patch and ultimate fix now

yeah I had island paradise before, but i formatted my pc, and since i am only copying Mods - Saved Sims - and Downloads I dont think its a big deal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jun 2016, 12:29

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
aboodles wrote:Hey! it's the first time I post in a forum so sorry if I got this on the wrong section, and sorry for my bad English

Hello and welcome to the forum @aboodles,

I'll be honest: if the information you gave is correct, I'm not sure what you can do solve this. But first of all, try re-applying the manual patch and then the Ultimate fix. That means, re-do steps #2, #4 and #5 here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

If you already downloaded the manual patch and Ultimate fix, you can still use them again (no need to "re-download"). Then it depends. In your earlier installation of Sims 3, what expansions did you have installed ? Only Pets & University Life, or maybe more expansions ?

You MUST make sure that in your new installation, you have all the expansions and stuffpacks, that you also had in your previous installation of Sims 3, otehrwise your save may not load (fine).
I applied the manual patch and cracked the game using the manual patch, the same problem still occurs WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jun 2016, 12:45

Okay, I deleted my Mods folder and the game didn't crash, but when it reached to the screen where i have to select my town, it just shows a blank select screen, there is no options to click at

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 Jun 2016, 13:07

You did not apply the Ultimate fix properly. Please only use the two files inside the #Crack-folder. These 2 files must be copied and pasted into C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. And then replace the existing files when prompted.

Moreover, yes, you should install all expansions and stuffpacks this time too, which you already had in your previous installation.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jun 2016, 18:03

The_gh0stm4n wrote:You did not apply the Ultimate fix properly. Please only use the two files inside the #Crack-folder. These 2 files must be copied and pasted into C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. And then replace the existing files when prompted.

Moreover, yes, you should install all expansions and stuffpacks this time too, which you already had in your previous installation.
You're right, it turns out I copied the crack from the wrong folder

I tested starting the game several times and now I know that the problem comes from the Mods folder, however, I fail to understand how is the Mods folder even relevant to the expansion packs I've had before

//EDIT

Deleting the resource.cfg file seemed to solve the problem, but when i downloaded and placed it in my files again the same problem occured
what could it be.. i am sure its something from my mods folder Game crashes on the very first loading screen. [SOLVED] 4011807745

//EDIT

Never mind! i removed my package files one by one until i figured out the problem, it sure took so long, but It turned out that the cmar modes are the ones that ruined the game, thanks anyway! you can close this thread

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 26 Jun 2016, 20:02

You are not supposed though to delete your Resource.cfg file. Smile  That said, good to hear you managed to find the source of your problem. Feel free to open a new topic anytime again if you need more support. Have fun ! Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top