Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paid base game with GF4W expansion pack.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Paid base game with GF4W expansion pack. Empty Paid base game with GF4W expansion pack.

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jun 2016, 15:33

Hi!

I tried to install Get To Work onto my paid base game. I made sure to unmark the update thingie in Origin, and made sure Origin was completely closed before proceeding. I did as instructed, and now my game cannot open. Help?

Paid base game with GF4W expansion pack. Udklip10

Back to top Go down

Paid base game with GF4W expansion pack. Empty Re: Paid base game with GF4W expansion pack.

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jun 2016, 15:55

Tasjaxx wrote:Hi!

I tried to install Get To Work onto my paid base game. I made sure to unmark the update thingie in Origin, and made sure Origin was completely closed before proceeding. I did as instructed, and now my game cannot open. Help?

Howmany times do I have to answer this same question ?
Please search before you ask

Goto to the folder My Documents - The Sims 4
Open the file GameVersion with Notepad
Change to contents to 1.13.104.1010 and save the file
Start your game

Edit: This version is for Get Together, so Get to Work is an even lower version.
Install Get Together and then change to above mentioned version

Edit2
I think Get to Work = 1.10.57.1020

Back to top Go down

Paid base game with GF4W expansion pack. Empty Re: Paid base game with GF4W expansion pack.

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jun 2016, 19:42

Tarac wrote:
Tasjaxx wrote:Hi!

Howmany times do I have to answer this same question ?
Please search before you ask

Goto to the folder My Documents - The Sims 4
Open the file GameVersion with Notepad
Change to contents to 1.13.104.1010 and save the file
Start your game

Edit: This version is for Get Together, so Get to Work is an even lower version.
Install Get Together and then change to above mentioned version

Edit2
I think Get to Work = 1.10.57.1020

Oh I'm sorry... Hadn't seen that WhatDidUJustCallMe? Thanks a lot for your help, though. I just downloaded Get Together and I'll try it out. Thanks man

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 26 Jun 2016, 19:46

Tasjaxx wrote:
Oh I'm sorry... Hadn't seen that WhatDidUJustCallMe? Thanks a lot for your help, though. I just downloaded Get Together and I'll try it out. Thanks man

Hello and welcome to the forum @Tasjaxx,

Version 1.10.57.1020 was for the "Spa Day" update. I can't recall the version number of the "Get to Work"-update right now, but instead of meddling with that file, you can alternatively also DELETE that GameVersion.txt file, under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. Which in your case is probably the more feasible solution.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jun 2016, 19:49

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Tasjaxx wrote:

Hello and welcome to the forum @Tasjaxx,

Version 1.10.57.1020 was for the "Spa Day" update. I can't recall the version number of the "Get to Work"-update right now, but instead of meddling with that file, you can alternatively also DELETE that GameVersion.txt file, under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. Which in your case is probably the more feasible solution.
Thanks!

I'm about to install Get Together. I'm not quite sure where I can find the information needed? Because I don't recall reading anything about changing the versions Smile Where can I find that post?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 26 Jun 2016, 20:04

Tasjaxx wrote:Thanks!

I'm about to install Get Together. I'm not quite sure where I can find the information needed? Because I don't recall reading anything about changing the versions Smile Where can I find that post?

This specific fix can be found in a post under "The Sims 4 Fixes (PC)". Here is a direct link:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20396-unable-to-start-the-contents-of-your-user-data-directory-were-created-by-a-newer-version-of-the-sims-4-updated-on-29-12-2015
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jun 2016, 20:27

Paid base game with GF4W expansion pack. Udklip11
New problem... This is after "installing" (dropping and replacing) Get Together onto my base game (and I have installed Get To Work), and deleting the GameVersion file

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 27 Jun 2016, 20:10

Tasjaxx wrote:Paid base game with GF4W expansion pack. Udklip11

New problem... This is after "installing" (dropping and replacing) Get Together onto my base game (and I have installed Get To Work), and deleting the GameVersion file

Have you also tried moving your installation folder of The Sims 4, directly under either C:\Program files or C:\Program files (x86) ? Then try re-starting the game from the new location. I suggest you move it under C:\Program files, and then try both the TS4.exe as well as the TS4_x64.exe.

Tarac wrote:Howmany times do I have to answer this same question ?
Please search before you ask.

@Tarac, while your input is always appreciated, you technically you do not "have" to answer anything, since you are not a team member of Games4theworld. And whether or not people use the search function, we will reply to the messages nonetheless. Questions are almost always the same, on any forum. Please bear that in mind. Smile

P.S. does the term "backseat moderation" ring a bell, by any chance ?

P.P.S. and I know what I'm talking about when I say that replying to the same type of messages over and over can demand every ounce of patience in a person. I've been there, and more than once. Feeling tired is natural at that point, but one should still at least try to keep cool.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top