Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Custom Content won't show up.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Custom Content won't show up. Empty Sims 4 Custom Content won't show up.

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jul 2016, 10:35

Hi everyone !
First of all I want to thank all the Games4theworld community for their amazing work ! Thank you so much ! All Hail Carlos!

I downloaded the Sims 4 (from your website of course) and everything worked fine excepted when I wanted to download custom content… The game is a little bit boring without CCs ! I did what the Games4theworld tutorial tells us to do: make the .package files in

C:\Users\Me\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods (I do not have any subfolder in my Mods folder)

When I launch the game, I have a notification “Maxis doesn’t take any responsibility” with a list of my custom content (I activated the CCs in the Options) etc etc… But when I go to the CAS or just go to “Change the Appearance” with the mirror, I don’t see any of the CC I added. I checked in the colors of every single clothe but nothing. I tried removing my custom content (I only added 5 packages files) one by one, I removed the entire game and downloaded it again, I downloaded the game in another computer, but still nothing… Sad

What I did is I downloaded the Ultimate Fix because I thought the problem was the version of the game. Then I downloaded custom content released before December 2015 (according to our version of the game). But none of the CCs works and the game won’t even launch after 2 times !! I tried removing and downloading again the Ultimate Fix but the game does not go further than the green sim logo… pale
I searched everywhere hoping to find a solution because I didn’t want to re-post but none of the solutions given there helped.
So is the version of the game the problem ? I don’t think so because even downloading 2014 CCs didn’t work… Did I break my game ? I followed all the instructions carefully… My CCs are from TSR or My Sims 4 Blog…
I use Windows 7, and noticed people having this trouble are Windows 7 users whereas Windows 10 users don’t have it. But I can’t bear Windows 10 ! So should I upgrade ?
 Please help I love the Sims 4 and everything used to work fine with the Sims 3 ! The Sims Plumbob 1
P.S. : Sorry for my English, I’m French.   What a Face

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Custom Content won't show up. Empty Re: Sims 4 Custom Content won't show up.

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jul 2016, 12:49

Hey Salut!
Es tu sure d'avoir un fichier qui s'appelle "resource.cfg" dans ton dossier mod? Smile

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Custom Content won't show up. Empty Re: Sims 4 Custom Content won't show up.

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jul 2016, 13:03

Pandawa wrote:Hey Salut!
Es tu sure d'avoir un fichier qui s'appelle "resource.cfg" dans ton dossier mod? Smile
Oui je viens de revérifier ! Hmmm, sure?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jul 2016, 13:44

Essaye de cocher la modification de script dans les options du jeux (Gameplay) et tiens moi au courant! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jul 2016, 14:42

Merci beaucoup de ton aide, mais quand je lance le jeu celui-ci est bloqué sur le losange vert de démarrage, donc impossible d'accéder aux options ! Why God. De plus, je suis certaine d'avoir activé les modifications de scripts lors de mes nombreuses tantatives, lorsque le jeu marchait. Why.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jul 2016, 14:55

Pour que le jeu remarche enleve tous les fichiers du dossier mods (àpart ressourcé cfg) normalement c'est ça =) 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jul 2016, 15:06

Je l'ai déjà vidé, le jeu ne se lance pas WhatDidUJustCallMe?. Par contre dans le dossier Electronic Arts j'ai Les Sims 4 ET The Sims 4 c'est normal ? (sachant que j'ai appliqué le fichier .reg pour changer la langue). En tout cas dans les deux dossier le dossier mods est vide.  Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jul 2016, 15:27

t'a un message d'erreur ou quelque chose comme ça, t'a pas plus de détail? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jul 2016, 15:33

Non, juste une image bloquée, et la musique continue. Je suis obligée d'utiliser le gestionnaire de tâches pour fermer le jeu (enfin ce qu'il en reste)

EDIT: Je viens de voir quelqu'un qui a le même problème, et apparemment installer le Ultimate Fix "tout seul" cause des bugs donc il faut que je prenne Get to Work et l'autre dont je ne me souviens plus du nom... Adieu espace de stockage ! Why God.  Ce que je ne comprends pas c'est pourquoi ne pas avoir mis sur la page de téléchargement du Ultimate Fix "tout seul" que celui-ci était buggé ! M'enfin bon, merci pour ton aide Very Happy Je vais installer les DLC et voir si le contenu personnalisé fonctionne ou non.

Last edited by Selly on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 17:45; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jul 2016, 16:34

ok bonne chance! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jul 2016, 17:46

Merci IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jul 2016, 12:13

Re-Bonjour !

Donc j'ai tout retéléchargé: 
Sims 4 base game -> Get to Work -> Get Together -> Ultimate Fix.
Le jeu se relance correctement (en anglais mais ça ne me dérange pas) mais en revanche, le contenu personnalisé ne fonctionne pas... J'ai tout réactivé dans les options, j'ai bien la  fenêtre avec mes CC mais rien dans le CAS ... Je désespère !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jul 2016, 12:47

I have exactly the same problem! I have everything installed properly, I am putting .package files to exact folder, the window show up at the beginning of the game with all this stuff but when i go to create the sim, there is nothing new! Just dont know what to do, I even tried to download game from different websites, then reinstalled from games4theworld and nothing seems to help... ;(

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 02 Aug 2016, 19:56

Selly wrote:Re-Bonjour !

Donc j'ai tout retéléchargé: 
Sims 4 base game -> Get to Work -> Get Together -> Ultimate Fix.
Le jeu se relance correctement (en anglais mais ça ne me dérange pas) mais en revanche, le contenu personnalisé ne fonctionne pas... J'ai tout réactivé dans les options, j'ai bien la  fenêtre avec mes CC mais rien dans le CAS ... Je désespère !

Welcome to the forum and sorry for the late reply @Selly,

I haven't been around much recently, and I just now started to reply regularly to messages again. That said, I'll just post in English here, since my French is very rusty.

Why.

In the meantime, we have a new Ultimate fix. See the guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix

If your custom content isn't working, it is most likely because it is outdated. Make sure to re-download your custom content, and also check the descriptions on the sites where you download the custom content. ALL stuff must be compatible with the game patch version 1.20.60.1020. That is the version of the new Ultimate fix.

Also, if you want to change the language, the procedure is different now in the new Ultimate fix. See this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t23293-how-to-change-the-in-game-display-language-in-the-sims-4-updated-on-22-07-2016

Good luck, and sorry again for the very late reply. 

flower

floow wrote:I have exactly the same problem! I have everything installed properly, I am putting .package files to exact folder, the window show up at the beginning of the game with all this stuff but when i go to create the sim, there is nothing new! Just dont know what to do, I even tried to download game from different websites, then reinstalled from games4theworld and nothing seems to help... ;(

Hello and welcome to the forum @floow,

Please open a new topic for your own issue(s), if you still need support. That way we can provide better individual help. It wouldn't make much sense for us to focus on your problem(s) here too, because the causes of your issue might be different than what @Selly is experiencing here. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top