Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About 1/2 of my custom content doesnt show

View previous topic View next topic Go down

About 1/2 of my custom content doesnt show Empty About 1/2 of my custom content doesnt show

Post by Guest Tue 07 Aug 2012, 16:31

Hello.

I have a lot of custom content, about 7 Gigs and counting. My PC can handle it and more, there is no lag still, so the amount shouldnt be a problem.

What is, however, is that some of my content...be it sims3packs or packages do no show up in game.

Or they will be installed and then just disappear (for example most of my expansion or stuff packs just randomly stopped appearing in CAS)

But the files (at least the package files) are still in the mods folder.

I have already attempted CCMAGIC but that just made it worse.....2/3rds of my cc was missing after using it.

Does having cracked versions of this game interfere with custom content?

Is there a limit to how much CC can be used? Like will CAS only read so many files and then stop?

Would an uninstall/reinstall help? I really dont want to do that...but if it could fix the problem I would.

Oh I have already deleted all cache and save files in the sims 3 folder.

Back to top Go down

About 1/2 of my custom content doesnt show Empty Re: About 1/2 of my custom content doesnt show

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 07 Aug 2012, 17:13

Hello,

Is your resourcefile current?
As for your sims3packs, maybe it helps if you install them in smaller amounts at a time.
Having a cracked game has nothing to do with this, that could only cause a failure during installation of sims3packs with a message along the lines of "software failure, make sure you have all the latest updates", but that too can be remedied most of the time.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)