Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suddenly i cant start the game. Says it needs origin.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Suddenly i cant start the game. Says it needs origin. Empty Suddenly i cant start the game. Says it needs origin.

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jul 2016, 17:26

Ive been playing sims 4 fine and its been about a week since i last played. Today i wanted to play again but then it comes up that i have to update origin and i cant start Sims 4 wthout origin. I updated origin and its offline but the game still wont start. What do i do?

Back to top Go down

Suddenly i cant start the game. Says it needs origin. Empty Re: Suddenly i cant start the game. Says it needs origin.

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jul 2016, 18:29

Frankly, I have no idea.
I have the same problem with my wife's computer since yesterday.
As she had some severe malware on her computer, I restored from an old backup.
Re-installed the Sims-4, everything worked fine.
Next day she started the computer and sims-4 asked for Origin.

I'm going to look at this problem tonight.
If I come up with a plausable reason for the above, I'll report.

Back to top Go down

Suddenly i cant start the game. Says it needs origin. Empty Re: Suddenly i cant start the game. Says it needs origin.

Post by Guest Fri 15 Jul 2016, 01:08

Same problem just started today. Been working fine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Jul 2016, 03:57

Check your tray in C:/documents I had ALOT of items in there that were not house files all had current dates I have not added ANY current date cc to my game  , I think maybe some one figured a way to bug the game. I only added 3 houses to my game, but there were 100 and something bogus files in my tray!!!!!!! I"m no genious but shouldn't be anything in the tray but house files, I think lol never was before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Jul 2016, 09:42

shelly1959 wrote:Check your tray in C:/documents I had ALOT of items in there that were not house files all had current dates I have not added ANY current date cc to my game  , I think maybe some one figured a way to bug the game. I only added 3 houses to my game, but there were 100 and something bogus files in my tray!!!!!!! I"m no genious but shouldn't be anything in the tray but house files, I think lol never was before.
There should be so many files if you have houses you made and saved it to Library, same goes for Sims. Example: You made three story house and saved it to Library. In Tray folder you have file for each floor (three files), and one for whole house.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jul 2016, 05:40

Tarac wrote:Frankly, I have no idea.

I solved my issue today, was my anti virus, added the origin. dll to my exceptions list. May work for you. I redownloaded the games and reinstalled them and before I tried to run it  I added all the origin.dll's the sims4 exe and the sims 64 exe to my exceptions list in my anti virus, disconnected from the internet and started the sims game it is up and running hope it helps you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jul 2016, 12:09

shelly1959 wrote:
Tarac wrote:Frankly, I have no idea.

I solved my issue today, was my anti virus, added the origin. dll to my exceptions list. May work for you. I redownloaded the games and reinstalled them and before I tried to run it  I added all the origin.dll's the sims4 exe and the sims 64 exe to my exceptions list in my anti virus, disconnected from the internet and started the sims game it is up and running hope it helps you!
i added it to my antivirus exceptions but still says it needs origin. I guess i have to reinstall my games. Is there a way to reinstall them without losing gameplay and households?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jul 2016, 12:26

queerest wrote:
i added it to my antivirus exceptions but still says it needs origin. I guess i have to reinstall my games. Is there a way to reinstall them without losing gameplay and households?

Removing your installations will not affect the details of your game in the folder Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
Also installing anew will keep your existing sims/households intact.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jul 2016, 10:45

Tarac wrote:
queerest wrote:

Removing your installations will not affect the details of your game in the folder Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
Also installing anew will keep your existing sims/households intact.
I reinstalled the base game but it still didnt work. Im not sure i uninstalled it correctly though, is there instructions on how to reinstall them? I really want to get back to building on the sims 4 WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Jul 2016, 11:39

queerest wrote:I reinstalled the base game but it still didnt work. Im not sure i uninstalled it correctly though, is there instructions on how to reinstall them? I really want to get back to building on the sims 4 WhatDidUJustCallMe?

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum @queerest,

I moved your topic to the correct section. That said, this type of problem can be very tough to solve, and unfortunately it is symptomatic of "modern" pirated games. Anti-virus/Anti-malware/Security software tends to aggressively purge cracked game files.

The first thing to look at is your main anti-virus program. Which locations are set up as your exclusions there ? What about 'specialties' of that program - does the software have the tendency to ignore your input, by e.g. purgijng cracked game files that are in your exclusions-locations ? 

What about your Windows Defender, are the exclusions set there correctly too ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jul 2016, 12:38

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
queerest wrote:I reinstalled the base game but it still didnt work. Im not sure i uninstalled it correctly though, is there instructions on how to reinstall them? I really want to get back to building on the sims 4 WhatDidUJustCallMe?

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum @queerest,

I moved your topic to the correct section. That said, this type of problem can be very tough to solve, and unfortunately it is symptomatic of "modern" pirated games. Anti-virus/Anti-malware/Security software tends to aggressively purge cracked game files.

The first thing to look at is your main anti-virus program. Which locations are set up as your exclusions there ? What about 'specialties' of that program - does the software have the tendency to ignore your input, by e.g. purgijng cracked game files that are in your exclusions-locations ? 

What about your Windows Defender, are the exclusions set there correctly too ?
I've turned my anti-virus program off when ive tried to start sims 4. And i have all the files in the exclusion list like the instruction on here. I dont know about Windows defender. 

I dont know what you mean with the software ignoring my input

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jul 2016, 13:35

When your AV has placed the crack in quarantaine it is no longer accessible.
If you still have the original download in Winrar, turn off your AV, unpack it again and replace the crack in Game\Bin.
Then open your AV again and put the Game folder in exceptions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jul 2016, 17:36

Tarac wrote:When your AV has placed the crack in quarantaine it is no longer accessible.
If you still have the original download in Winrar, turn off your AV, unpack it again and replace the crack in Game\Bin.
Then open your AV again and put the Game folder in exceptions.
I do have it in utorrent, but i have two different sims4 because i tried to different ones and i dont know which one is games4theworld... one is called The Sims 4.rar and the other one is The.Sims.4-RELOADED. Do you know which one it is? lol this is driving me nuts. where do you find the crack again? 
And do i only have to replace the crack on the base game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jul 2016, 18:56

You only need the crack for your highest installed expansion.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 25 Jul 2016, 18:57

queerest wrote:I do have it in utorrent, but i have two different sims4 because i tried to different ones and i dont know which one is games4theworld... one is called The Sims 4.rar and the other one is The.Sims.4-RELOADED. Do you know which one it is? lol this is driving me nuts. where do you find the crack again? 

"The Sims 4.rar" is the one from Games4theworld.

Did you install Games4theworld's other items (in the past) too ? And in the following order:
Base game -> Get to Work -> Get together -> Ultimate fix.

RE-applying the Ultimate fix (last step) will be equivalent to re-applying the crack. But that will only ork, as said, if you correctly configure exclusions on your anti-virus software and Windows Defender too.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jul 2016, 14:05

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
queerest wrote:I do have it in utorrent, but i have two different sims4 because i tried to different ones and i dont know which one is games4theworld... one is called The Sims 4.rar and the other one is The.Sims.4-RELOADED. Do you know which one it is? lol this is driving me nuts. where do you find the crack again? 

"The Sims 4.rar" is the one from Games4theworld.

Did you install Games4theworld's other items (in the past) too ? And in the following order:
Base game -> Get to Work -> Get together -> Ultimate fix.

RE-applying the Ultimate fix (last step) will be equivalent to re-applying the crack. But that will only ork, as said, if you correctly configure exclusions on your anti-virus software and Windows Defender too.
yes  i did it in that order. Now i think ive **** it up because i uninstalled it, went to the torrent again but when i clicked on it there was nothing there. i still have the document folder sims 4 but there is no install or start option. I re downloaded the torrent. wtf do i do now.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 02 Aug 2016, 18:37

queerest wrote:yes  i did it in that order. Now i think ive **** it up because i uninstalled it, went to the torrent again but when i clicked on it there was nothing there. i still have the document folder sims 4 but there is no install or start option. I re downloaded the torrent. wtf do i do now.

Sorry for the alte reply @queerest,

I haven't been posting a lot in the past couple of days. If you still need help with that...make sure again to check your Windows Defender and any other third-party anti-virus software, to see if the "exclusions" are set correctly.

And if you uninstalled the game, you will need to start over by re-installing the base game first, and then continuing with the Get to Work -> Get together -> Ultimate fix.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top