Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weird bugs in my game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Weird bugs in my game Empty Weird bugs in my game

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jul 2016, 23:32

Hi everyone, I'm new on this forum so this is the first topic that I post. I've installed the latest G4TW version of the game a few days ago and it works fine, but there are some bugs that bother me. I've made some reasearches before posting this but I haven't found anything that could help me, so I'm sorry if there was already a solution to these problems on the forum. And I'm also sorry if I'll make some mistakes because english is not my mother language.
So, the first problem that I have is how time works. Whenever I try to speed up the game it shows a certain time, let's say 9 PM, and it seems that time passes but when I go back to normal speed, the time has returned to some hours before, for exemple 5 PM (I hope I made myself clear).
Sometimes, my sims would just stand literally hours before performing an action, or when one of them calls the repairman, he'll stand in front of the front door several hours before actually entering. Another bug/glitch is that everytime I start a game with my family, it stands in front of the house as if it was the first time I played with them. Lastly, one of my sims doesn't change clothes when he's supposed to, for example when he goes to sleep or even when he showers or bathes.
My cc consists in some hair, objects and a mod for the oven. I tried to delete the cache files but surprisingly there wasn't any cache folder. I think that's all. Hopefully you will help me soon!

Back to top Go down

Weird bugs in my game Empty Re: Weird bugs in my game

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jul 2016, 10:30

Try this:
Go to the folder Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 4 and change the name to The Sims 4_old.

Now start your game again - all your own sims, houses etc are gone, so in fact you start a brand new game.
See if the problem still exists.
If it now works perfectly, the problem is caused by custom content.

You can always revert to your old game:
Go to the folder Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 4 and change the name to The Sims 4_new
Rename the folder The Sims 4_old to The Sims 4
Now you're back to your old game and you can remove defective CC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Jul 2016, 13:01

Thank you for the reply. Apparently the problems are not linked to the cc. I did as you said and started a game without saves or custom content and the game worked pretty much the same (sims still blocked themselves sometimes before doing an action ecc.) but I think it could also be related to the fact the my pc is quite old, or maybe I did something wrong during the installation, I don't know. I've seen in other sites that the problem where the family stands in front of the door everytime you start a game is pretty common, so maybe ea hasn't solved that bug in a patch yet. Regarding sims not changing clothes: when I started the game without anything, the problem was gone, but when I played my active household the issue was still there. I realized that only one of sims had this problem, while the others worked perfectly, so my sim was corrupted somehow. I tried to reset him but the only solution that I found was making a copy of him, deleting him from the household and then replacing him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top