Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims Castaway Stories White screen while startup.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims Castaway Stories White screen while startup. Empty The Sims Castaway Stories White screen while startup.

Post by Guest Tue 02 Aug 2016, 22:48

Hey guys I've downloaded TSCS from you today after installing it I've got this windowed white screen and only the mouse cursor is working and the game has sound but I can't do anything. I've tried compatibility mode and run as administrator but none of them appear to work.
My Laptop is a Asus K45VD with the following specs:
Windows 10 Pro x64
6GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce 610M 2GB
Intel Core i7 3630QM
1366x768 Resolution (in case you need it)

Can you guys help, Cheers!!

Back to top Go down

The Sims Castaway Stories White screen while startup. Empty Re: The Sims Castaway Stories White screen while startup.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 03 Aug 2016, 12:46

Homyans wrote:Hey guys I've downloaded TSCS from you today after installing it I've got this windowed white screen and only the mouse cursor is working and the game has sound but I can't do anything. I've tried compatibility mode and run as administrator but none of them appear to work.
My Laptop is a Asus K45VD with the following specs:
Windows 10 Pro x64
6GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce 610M 2GB
Intel Core i7 3630QM
1366x768 Resolution (in case you need it)

Can you guys help, Cheers!!

Hello @Homyans,

Laptops like that very often have an "integrated graphics chip", in addition to the main graphics card. If there is such an integrated chip, have you made sure (in your NVIDIA Control Panel) that the game uses your NIVIDA card, and not the integrated one ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims Castaway Stories White screen while startup. Empty Re: The Sims Castaway Stories White screen while startup.

Post by Guest Thu 04 Aug 2016, 21:09

I'm using Nvidia graphics card and this happens, using the integrated graphics the games shows properly until the menu but after starting a mode and passing the loading screen the screen turns black and there's sound. It's really weird this game is working properly on my PC but not on my laptop.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 05 Aug 2016, 01:03

Homyans wrote:I'm using Nvidia graphics card and this happens, using the integrated graphics the games shows properly until the menu but after starting a mode and passing the loading screen the screen turns black and there's sound. It's really weird this game is working properly on my PC but not on my laptop.

Alright, try navigating to Control Panel/System/Advanced (tab)/Performance/Settings/Data Execution Prevention.

The Sims Castaway Stories White screen while startup. 6xjqoX9

Tick the option shown with the red arrow in the little picture. Then click on "Apply" -> "OK". I'm not sure, maybe you will need to re-boot the computer after that, but then see if that made any difference for starting up the game !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Aug 2016, 14:31

Bro I couldn't find that in my Control Panel nor my Settings. I'm using Windows 10.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Aug 2016, 14:37

Go to File Explorer and right click on This PC and select Properties. Now on the left side you'll see menu, click Advanced system settings. Proceed, as @The_gh0stm4n wrote.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Aug 2016, 19:19

I checked it and it was already ticked.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 16 Aug 2016, 04:44

Homyans wrote:I checked it and it was already ticked.

Ok, let's try this: open Windows Defender and make sure that you temporarily add the entire C: drive to your 'exclusions'. Also, do the same with your main anti-virus program, if you have one. This is crucial, so make sure to get it right.

After which you re-download (and re-apply) the crack from this link:
https://goo.gl/1DU5v2

See if that impacts your game in any way.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top