Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin is being a real dbag

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin is being a real dbag Empty Origin is being a real dbag

Post by Guest Wed 03 Aug 2016, 22:59

I've done everything that I've been used to prior to this latest fix - I've gone into my local and roaming folders to delete the origin files, I've made sure my exceptions list for my AV is still holding strong, to no avail... the origin program keeps popping up every time I try to run the Sims 4.

I've been scouring the forums for a couple of hours now, the closest I came to getting a solution was deleting the gameversion.ini file, that proved to fail.

Origin is being a real Dick.

Back to top Go down

Origin is being a real dbag Empty Re: Origin is being a real dbag

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Aug 2016, 00:17

texasteahc wrote:I've done everything that I've been used to prior to this latest fix - I've gone into my local and roaming folders to delete the origin files, I've made sure my exceptions list for my AV is still holding strong, to no avail... the origin program keeps popping up every time I try to run the Sims 4.

I've been scouring the forums for a couple of hours now, the closest I came to getting a solution was deleting the gameversion.ini file, that proved to fail.

Origin is being a real Dick.

Hello and welcome to the forum @texasteahc,

What is your Windows version ? And what is your anti-virus program ? Deleting the GameVersion.txt file is for a different error though, although the error name looks similar.

If you have a 64-bit Windows, try moving your install folder of The Sims 4 under C:\Program files. Then try running the TS4_x64.exe under Game\Bin.

We have a number of other alternative routes which helped some users in the past too, see the topic here if you haven't already:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19191-unable-to-start-origin-is-currently-not-running-alternative-solutions

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top