Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Previous Families Nude & Bald After Update!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Previous Families Nude & Bald After Update! Empty Previous Families Nude & Bald After Update!

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2016, 16:44

I don't know if this is actually a bug or if this is just part of the "wonderful" new multi-gender approach that the game makers are pushing, but after installing the new update (Thanks, GOTW! Very Happy ) my previously saved families all appeared minus hair, makeup and clothing. I worked with one world (7 families) and tweaked them back to "normal", but really don't want to have to do so with all previous saved worlds. Has anyone else had this problem? It seemed to me that it happened to items which, under the new system, might be shareable between genders, and did not affect the overall shape of the Sims themselves, and, surprisingly, left eye color alone. I looked at Game Options, to see if there was a new "opt out" for gender sorting or whatever in CAS, but couldn't find it. And any discussion on other boards didn't get into the mechanics, but was about the politics of gender, which is not the problem. I don't THINK it's a mod, as I have tested with and without. Thanks for any input. (Not a serious problem, so much as an annoyance.)

Back to top Go down

Previous Families Nude & Bald After Update! Empty Re: Previous Families Nude & Bald After Update!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 07 Aug 2016, 21:14

Hello @ganymede30324,

Another user mentioned this same problem after testing certain CC and saving the game (see this post). Even after removing mods/CC, the cache file(s) may still "believe" certain mods are still there. Try deleting the localthumbcache.package file under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. The file should be deleted regularly, especially after adding or deleting new mods.

If the glitch happens with items that are usable by both genders, then yes, it might be worth a shot only using items that were previously assigned to one specific gender.

Personally, I think the new gender system is a nice idea, though it seems very poorly implemented from a technical standpoint.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Previous Families Nude & Bald After Update! Empty Re: Previous Families Nude & Bald After Update!

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2016, 21:25

Thanks for answering! I figured out what happened! When I was testing my installation I inadvertently allowed the game to install a restaurant in my world, and saved THAT. Therefore any custom content that I hadn't yet tested would have "disappeared" from that world the next time I loaded it, since the families had seemingly been saved without it! You'd think I'd know not to do that by now! It was probably just a coincidence that clothing and hair were in the batch that of mods that I was going to test next, and that they also were "affected" by the new gender norm thing, and so I assumed they were related! Sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 07 Aug 2016, 21:38

ganymede30324 wrote:Thanks for answering! I figured out what happened! When I was testing my installation I inadvertently allowed the game to install a restaurant in my world, and saved THAT. Therefore any custom content that I hadn't yet tested would have "disappeared" from that world the next time I loaded it, since the families had seemingly been saved without it! You'd think I'd know not to do that by now! It was probably just a coincidence that clothing and hair were in the batch that of mods that I was going to test next, and that they also were "affected" by the new gender norm thing, and so I assumed they were related! Sorry.

So if I conclude correctly, the issue with the "bald and naked sims" is indeed related to incompatible CC then (which in your case you have not tested)..  Question
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top