Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help! Can't load my previous save game with the update patch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help! Can't load my previous save game with the update patch Empty Help! Can't load my previous save game with the update patch

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jun 2017, 07:19

I got The Sims 4 (non-Origin) from another website, so my game isn't a Games4theworld base game.
So the game is a RELOADED The Sims 4 game. Before I installed the patch, the game version was 1.0.732.20, which released on September 25th, 2014. But then again I just realized that my version is very outdated. I searched YT videos for update patch then I came up to this website. There is an ultimate fix for non-original sims 4, which posted in this website. Then I used that to update my game. After a while, I tried the game, it worked. There are no errors since I opened the game, until now when I tried to load my savegame that I played on 1.0.732.20, it can't load. It only show me a loading screen which never ends. I consider this as an error.
I have a several questions to ask :
1. Is this "The Sims 4 Update Only Ultimate Fix" updates your game from any older version to the latest, or it doesn't ?
2. Do I need the Game4theworld base game for this update patch ?
Thanks for reading, looking forward for your help.

Back to top Go down

Help! Can't load my previous save game with the update patch Empty Re: Help! Can't load my previous save game with the update patch

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jun 2017, 15:37

Hi there and welcome to the forum!  Very Happy

1) The update only fix will update your game to the latest patch -> 1.31 with no DLCs.
2) There are actually people who mixes other versions together and managed to get it to work. So no, you do not need ours.

For the endless loading problem, rename your Game folder to Game_ in Program Files(x86) -> or wherever you install your Sims to, and copy + paste the ultimate fix to the path. Test the game first without any mods/CCs and see if that fixes it.

Since you've updated already, just rename the current Game, and do the above. If it still does not work however, you can try to download our base game instead.

Back to top Go down

Help! Can't load my previous save game with the update patch Empty Re: Help! Can't load my previous save game with the update patch

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 14:22

Ageha wrote:Hi there and welcome to the forum!  Very Happy

1) The update only fix will update your game to the latest patch -> 1.31 with no DLCs.
2) There are actually people who mixes other versions together and managed to get it to work. So no, you do not need ours.

For the endless loading problem, rename your Game folder to Game_ in Program Files(x86) -> or wherever you install your Sims to, and copy + paste the ultimate fix to the path. Test the game first without any mods/CCs and see if that fixes it.

Since you've updated already, just rename the current Game, and do the above. If it still does not work however, you can try to download our base game instead.
Hello Ageha
I've downloaded the base games4theworld game. So the version is same with my game version, which is old.
Is the update only ultimate fix able to directly update the game to the latest version? I tried that with the base game but it still doens't work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 14:37

There are so many fixes nowadays, so please specify exactly which fix you meant.
Preferably with a link to that fix as these topics are also spread all over the forum.

Have you ever added DLC's to your base game ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 18:53

And if you have used the Fix but your save game was created with content of any other SP,EP or GP, it will not show, as it only updates the base game. You loose everything else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jul 2017, 03:44

Tarac wrote:There are so many fixes nowadays, so please specify exactly which fix you meant.
Preferably with a link to that fix as these topics are also spread all over the forum.

Have you ever added DLC's to your base game ?
I don't have any DLC, and I'm using TS4_Update_Only_Fix_1-31-37-1020.rar, which I get from this website. My game version was 1.0.732.20. Is that normal if I directly update my game from 1.0.732.20 to the latest with that update fix? Do I need to install the previous game update?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jul 2017, 17:04

Hi,
If by previous you meant 1.30 then it's not necessary to my understanding. However, you can try to do that and see if you are able to update the game. 

If you are still unable to update you game, I'd suggest installing the DLCs up till City Living -> install the 1.30 update-only -> update to 1.31.

Do take note that if you suddenly feel like having DLCs install as well, the update only fix will delete any current DLCs that you have or will have install.

Do keep us updated! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jul 2017, 17:07

Loonieloose wrote:And if you have used the Fix but your save game was created with content of any other SP,EP or GP, it will not show, as it only updates the base game. You loose everything else.
I've tried to start a new game, still can't load. Maybe the problem is not my save game file.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jul 2017, 17:22

Hi @Avalanche ,

Regrettably I think we have strayed from your original topic? Since your original issue was that you could not load your previous saves, and it led to not being able to update the game. 

So currently, what is the present bug/issue you are facing right now? I've actually replied above, though I'm not sure if you saw it or not. 

Again, do keep us updated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jul 2017, 16:24

Ageha wrote:Hi @Avalanche ,

Regrettably I think we have strayed from your original topic? Since your original issue was that you could not load your previous saves, and it led to not being able to update the game. 

So currently, what is the present bug/issue you are facing right now? I've actually replied above, though I'm not sure if you saw it or not. 

Again, do keep us updated.
Hi Ageha, I'm sorry because I twisted my own problem. I'll say it clear. Now my current problem is I can't update my game. I tried to load a save game and create a new game, but I still get no result, which ends with an endless loading screen, as I said before. So, do you have any solution for this? Thank you, in advance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jul 2017, 17:23

Hi,

It is not your fault, don't worry. Haha. I meant that we (or maybe just me instead) seems to be 'lost down the road'. But no matter.

For the endless loading, did you install any DLCs after all the above replies? If yes, which did you stop? If not, the endless loading actually occurs after the Vampire update, so, if you have any mods take them out. -> I'm sorry if this was already suggested to you.

If you did install DLCs OR just the update-only fix for version 1.31, rename your Game folder in Program Files(x86) to Game_ and copy + paste the update. If you've already updated, just rename and re-copy the files.

If you'd like, you can send me a copy of your saves and I'll see if I'm able to load them in my game.  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Jul 2017, 06:32

Ageha wrote:Hi,

It is not your fault, don't worry. Haha. I meant that we (or maybe just me instead) seems to be 'lost down the road'. But no matter.

For the endless loading, did you install any DLCs after all the above replies? If yes, which did you stop? If not, the endless loading actually occurs after the Vampire update, so, if you have any mods take them out. -> I'm sorry if this was already suggested to you.

If you did install DLCs OR just the update-only fix for version 1.31, rename your Game folder in Program Files(x86) to Game_ and copy + paste the update. If you've already updated, just rename and re-copy the files.

If you'd like, you can send me a copy of your saves and I'll see if I'm able to load them in my game.  Smile
I don't have any DLC, and mods.
As you said, would you load my savegame?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sspx0a38ch8ofl9/saves.rar?dl=0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Jul 2017, 10:03

Nothing wrong with your saves in my game.
Moved the 4 people to another world - no problem at all.
You'd better move them back soonest as they now have a 1 bedroom house.
New save can be found HERE

My game is incl. fitness.
I think what you've forgotten to do:
1. Remove the existing folder Game from your install folder\The Sims 4
2. Re-copy/paste the folder Game from your highest installed DLC to the install folder.

If your highest installed DLC is Toddlers/Vampires then use THIS FOLDER GAME

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jul 2017, 20:12

I'm having the same problem. My game was working fine after toddlers & vamps. I just tried to install parenthood and fitness stuff last night and when I started my game I got 'Game failed to load. error code: 3"

Needless to say, I panicked and I've probably messed things up so bad by uninstalling everything and trying to reinstall. I've definitely renamed the game folder to game_ after vamp update and then deleted it from there after I installed the following the updates. I'm not sure what else to do. I separated my original 'sims 4' folder (with all my saves, mods, tray folder, etc), and have it on my desktop. So a clean game wont even run. Need help please!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 14:46

anyluckystarx wrote:I'm having the same problem. My game was working fine after toddlers & vamps. I just tried to install parenthood and fitness stuff last night and when I started my game I got 'Game failed to load. error code: 3"

Needless to say, I panicked and I've probably messed things up so bad by uninstalling everything and trying to reinstall. I've definitely renamed the game folder to game_ after vamp update and then deleted it from there after I installed the following the updates. I'm not sure what else to do. I separated my original 'sims 4' folder (with all my saves, mods, tray folder, etc), and have it on my desktop. So a clean game wont even run. Need help please!
Hi there,

So the current error is still the above? It seems it's not mod-related since your Sims 4 folder in Documents have been moved out. Try to manually uninstall the Sims 4, which you can read it here. And then install the game again, pack by pack, you can test it after each EP and see if the error is still there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jul 2017, 08:49

Tarac wrote:Nothing wrong with your saves in my game.

2. Re-copy/paste the folder Game from your highest installed DLC to the install folder.

Hello Tarac, thanks for testing my save game
Unfortunately, my game still can't load the savegame which results in an endless loading screen. But when I load the town, there was a notice came up in my screen which said "Missing data". Maybe my game is the problem. But, thanks for testing my savegame.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jul 2017, 12:37

Avalanche wrote:
Tarac wrote:Nothing wrong with your saves in my game.

Hello Tarac, thanks for testing my save game
Unfortunately, my game still can't load the savegame which results in an endless loading screen. But when I load the town, there was a notice came up in my screen which said "Missing data". Maybe my game is the problem. But, thanks for testing my savegame.
When you have excluded/deleted some expansion packs and start your game again you will see this

Help! Can't load my previous save game with the update patch Game-data-incomplete_orig
About the endless loading: That can only be caused by a faulty Game folder.
Delete your existing folder Game and when you also have Game_  from your install folder\The Sims 4. (Not the folder in Documents)
Download, unpack with Winrar and put the new Game folder in your install folder\The Sims 4:
    When Toddlers/Vampires is your highest installed expansion: Use THIS DOWNLOAD
    When Fitness is your highest installed expansion: Use THIS DOWNLOAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jul 2017, 15:08

But if I'm not wrong, you do not have any DLCs installed right? Try to add DLCs to your game to see if you're able to update now. 

As previously mentioned, IF you only have the base game and there's the endless loading, rename your Game to Game_ and copy + paste the 1.31 update again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jul 2017, 07:35

I don't have any DLC, or mod in my Sims.
I think my problem is very complicated. Well, I decide to start from the beginning.
Would you tell me the steps how to update my game from version 1.0.732.20 to the latest?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jul 2017, 10:32

Avalanche wrote:I don't have any DLC, or mod in my Sims.
I think my problem is very complicated. Well, I decide to start from the beginning.
Would you tell me the steps how to update my game from version 1.0.732.20 to the latest?
Look HERE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jul 2017, 14:45

You can check out the link Tarac had posted or if you prefer not to install any DLCs, you can download the update-only patch here

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jul 2017, 13:48

Tarac wrote:
Look HERE
Thanks for the link, Tarac
Unfortunately, as a student, I am not permitted to open my laptop on weekdays.
But let me try to install the patches on weekend.
I'll reply to you again on this topic. Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top