Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 freezing and lagging every few seconds

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 freezing and lagging every few seconds Empty The Sims 3 freezing and lagging every few seconds

Post by Guest Sat 22 Oct 2011, 06:17

Hi. After 2-3+ hours of playing The Sims 3, the game freezes for like 5-10 seconds, and than continues for 5-10, freezes etc'. I should say that it doesn't completely freeze: the clock is stuck on the same hour, my Sim is stuck and if I click somewhere it doesn't respond, -BUT- if my Sim is for example playing on the computer, I can hear and see the game running.. I see the arrow above my Sim moving slight movements as it should, etc'.

I should say that apart from the base game, I have the Town Life Stuff and Generations.

How can I stop this? Note that this is NOT a hardware problem. These are basically my specs:
CPU: Core Quad Q6600
RAM: 4GB 800Mhz
GPU: AMD HD4890

My CPU and GPU temps are cool as always, so, as I said, this isn't the problem. Additionally, I tried updating my GPU's drivers but still no change.

So.. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

-EDIT-

I tried to apply the Ultimate Fix and it still happens.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 freezing and lagging every few seconds Empty Re: The Sims 3 freezing and lagging every few seconds

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 22 Oct 2011, 10:05

Hello,
This is a known problem and I'm afraid there is no easy answer.
But the first thing we should know is, are you using any mods/cc? If yes, they all need to be replaced with updated versions. You may want to see if it makes any difference first by removing all mods/cc. This does not include store updates.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 freezing and lagging every few seconds Empty Re: The Sims 3 freezing and lagging every few seconds

Post by Guest Sat 22 Oct 2011, 17:04

I don't know what exactly are "mods" as I'm a kind of a new Simmer, but do cars/lots downloaded at "thesimsresource" count?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 22 Oct 2011, 17:24

choashon wrote:I don't know what exactly are "mods" as I'm a kind of a new Simmer, but do cars/lots downloaded at "thesimsresource" count?
Hello,

Yes, those do count.
Please remove/backup them and then start your game without ANYTHING added. See if it solved the problem.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top