Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to Apply TSM manual patch.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trying to Apply TSM manual patch. Empty Trying to Apply TSM manual patch.

Post by Guest Fri 26 Aug 2016, 03:12

I tried to apply the TSM manual patch but it wont let me since it says it's not the right region??

I installed with my region as Canada at first, and when the manual patch didnt work, i reinstalled as United States. But it still didnt work.

Back to top Go down

Trying to Apply TSM manual patch. Empty Re: Trying to Apply TSM manual patch.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 26 Aug 2016, 08:28

niezyc wrote:I tried to apply the TSM manual patch but it wont let me since it says it's not the right region??

I installed with my region as Canada at first, and when the manual patch didnt work, i reinstalled as United States. But it still didnt work.

Hello @niezyc,

What you select as "region" during the initial setup doesn't influence the error; the issue depends on which patch you use(d).
http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims/patches/TheSimsMedievalPatch_2.0.113.00001_Update.exe
http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims/patches/TheSimsMedievalPatch_2.0.113.00107_Update.exe

I don't know which of these you downloaded; please try both these manual patches. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Aug 2016, 08:53

Hi. Thanks for the help, it worked! But now I'm having another issue. It boots up, but after the second loading screen, it stops responding and crashes.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 26 Aug 2016, 12:43

niezyc wrote:Hi. Thanks for the help, it worked! But now I'm having another issue. It boots up, but after the second loading screen, it stops responding and crashes.

Have a look at this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21728-the-sims-4-crashes-freezes-causes-shutdowns-possible-fixes-updated-on-18-07-2016

This was written for The Sims 4, but is applicable to almost anything. Look under II.) "DEP Issues". Use the option I marked in the screenshot there, and re-boot the computer afterwards. You should then also have a look at this here, and enable vertical synchronization in your graphics card control panel. If it's not already enabled. Otherwise, this can lead to game crashings too.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Aug 2016, 12:54

Thanks for getting back to me. I tried applying the DEP to the TSM exe, but it said it wasn't able to. As for the second suggestion--  have an Intel Graphics card. How would I go about that?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 26 Aug 2016, 12:58

niezyc wrote:Thanks for getting back to me. I tried applying the DEP to the TSM exe, but it said it wasn't able to. 

That's why you should try the option from the screenshot in that topic (I linked to above), please. Smile  Here again:

Trying to Apply TSM manual patch. 6xjqoX9

The one that I marked with an arrow. That should definitely be possible. 

About your Intel card, I don't know much about it. Maybe this here can help you. But keep in mind that these Intel cards are not really suitable for gaming purposes...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Aug 2016, 13:10

Hey, thanks for the link! It's much appreciated. I'm sure that'll help with some of my other games' performance as well. As for the DEP, I must have misread your message. My apologies! I will try that out and tell you how it goes.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 26 Aug 2016, 13:13

niezyc wrote:Hey, thanks for the link! It's much appreciated. I'm sure that'll help with some of my other games' performance as well. As for the DEP, I must have misread your message. My apologies! I will try that out and tell you how it goes.

Sure, no problem. Just note, again, that these Intel-cards are not meant for gaming purposes. Try playing on low(er) graphics settings only. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Aug 2016, 09:16

Hi there. I tried there, I tried what you said, and it's still doing the same thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 31 Aug 2016, 18:20

niezyc wrote:Hi there. I tried there, I tried what you said, and it's still doing the same thing.

Sorry for the late reply, but at that point there isn't really much else I can suggest, other than trying to run the game on a different (and stronger) computer, if possible for you. I'm sorry.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top