Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using the 'proper' download and Installation of SIMS 4 is asking for Disc 2!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Using the 'proper' download and Installation of SIMS 4 is asking for Disc 2! Empty Using the 'proper' download and Installation of SIMS 4 is asking for Disc 2!

Post by Guest Fri 26 Aug 2016, 19:37

As the title says :-)
Download (of the GamesfortheWorld) version has been done 3 times now from the 'official' source, problem remains constant.
Initial download was onto a Windows 10 laptop that had never seen SIMS before in any form, i.e. a totally virgin installation.
Installation has now been tried 3 times, each time stalling with a request to 'load disc 2'. 
Correct file is being initiated with admin privilidges, all AV software etc is disabled and system cleaned 100% from any and all residue from previous unsuccessful attempts at installation.

I'm out of ideas - can anyone please help?

FWIW, the downloaded rar file (The Sims 4.rar @ 8,708,941 KB) unrar's to the following files:

A folder called # Language Changer, size 28.7 KB
# Installation Guide.txt
setup.msi @ 2,441 KB
setup 1.cab @ 2,048,000KB
setup 2.cab @ 2,048,000KB
setup 3.cab @ 2,048,000KB
setup 4.cab @ 2,048,000KB
setup 5.cab @ 519,938KB
The_Sims_4_Setup.exe @ 5,958KB

...   its the last file that I'm using to initiate the installation.

At the point where its asking for disc 2, its apparently looking for files to copy.
I've tried installing from these files on a USB key, and also from the same files where they were first copied across onto a resident hard drive (other than the installation one), and in each case I've followed available guidelines, i.e. let the installation proceed with defauly settings (i.e. destination folders etc)

Back to top Go down

Using the 'proper' download and Installation of SIMS 4 is asking for Disc 2! Empty Re: Using the 'proper' download and Installation of SIMS 4 is asking for Disc 2!

Post by Guest Sat 27 Aug 2016, 13:24

Try re-extracting the file in another location and running it with admin privileges, I have downloaded 3DM's repack of the game and using all the updates from G4TW and my game works fine. And when you get the error while installation try going to the installation folder and copying stuff from that folder to another and see the total size of the installed files, post the screenshots so we can help more.

Back to top Go down

Using the 'proper' download and Installation of SIMS 4 is asking for Disc 2! Empty Re: Using the 'proper' download and Installation of SIMS 4 is asking for Disc 2!

Post by Guest Sun 28 Aug 2016, 16:28

Thanks for the advice - I've already downloaded the files now on FIVE seperate occasions, so I've got to assume that the file / download is not at fault. Likewise, they HAVE been un-rared to different locations - even on a different PC, then copied across, each time with admin priviliges and being 100% certain of no adverse activity from AV software etc.
Every attempt is the same - a request for disc 2 (at which point the screen locks to this request window, i.e. I can do nothing other than a / load disc 2 as requested, at which point I assume the install would continue (perhaps to then subsequently ask for disc 3?), or b/ cancel the install).
As I obviously cannot load disc 2 at this point I have to cancel - which then subsequently removes anything at all that may have already been installed, before finishing. Until this point it will not let me access any files or folders to move or copy them as suggested.

TBH, this has now taken up more time than it is worth - I decided to step back and instal SIMS 3 instead which has gone through simply and flawlessly, including expansion packs (and without the need for Origin!)   ...   though it would have been nice to see a solution :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 28 Aug 2016, 16:59

Dali wrote:Thanks for the advice - I've already downloaded the files now on FIVE seperate occasions, so I've got to assume that the file / download is not at fault. Likewise, they HAVE been un-rared to different locations - even on a different PC, then copied across, each time with admin priviliges and being 100% certain of no adverse activity from AV software etc.
Every attempt is the same - a request for disc 2 (at which point the screen locks to this request window, i.e. I can do nothing other than a / load disc 2 as requested, at which point I assume the install would continue (perhaps to then subsequently ask for disc 3?), or b/ cancel the install).
As I obviously cannot load disc 2 at this point I have to cancel - which then subsequently removes anything at all that may have already been installed, before finishing. Until this point it will not let me access any files or folders to move or copy them as suggested.

TBH, this has now taken up more time than it is worth - I decided to step back and instal SIMS 3 instead which has gone through simply and flawlessly, including expansion packs (and without the need for Origin!)   ...   though it would have been nice to see a solution :-)

Welcome to the forum @Dali and sorry for the late reply,

In your torrent client (if you still have the base game under "seeding"), right-click on the torrent and choose STOP. Then right-click again on it and choose "force re-check". Once the re-check is done, re-extract the contents of the .RAR into another fresh folder. If you haven't done so already, please ONLY use the program WinRAR for extracting.

Another thought: instead of re-downloading over and over with the same torrent client, if these things happen to you in the future again (they shouldn't, as they are extremely rare) try using a different torrent client. In some cases it has shown to be effective. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Aug 2016, 17:08

Thanks - already tried different clients (and forced re-checking), even tried different PC's (AND only use Winrar :-) )   ...   problem was consistently the same regardless of what I tried.
I'm suspecting somethingreally obscure being wrong at my end (on the target laptop, a new Windows 10 install) - though whatever the problem may have been, it's not caused a problem installing SIMS 3 with extensions.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top