Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OK to update online, or not, and adding further expansion packs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OK to update online, or not, and adding further expansion packs Empty OK to update online, or not, and adding further expansion packs

Post by Guest Sun 28 Aug 2016, 16:35

Brand new to SIMS - could not get SIMS 4 to instal despite trying everything, and all advice from the site, so dropped back a version to SIMS 3   ...   it installed first time, with some of the expansion packs (all from the games4theworld files), and has so far been running perfectly OK.

Two simple question   ...   on starting, there is a nag screen to download Origin (which I do NOT want, and so ignore - and the game runs fine without it), and also an offer to go online and update to the latest version (which I don't really need). Question is, if I let this version 'talk' to their site online, am I heading for problems, or will any available free downloads etc work OK without screwing up the existing installation?

Second question - at present I've installed SOME of the expansion packs - about half of them - before the final cracking etc, as per the guidelines. If I want to add further expansion packs from these same files, what procudure do I need to follow re r-e-cracking etc?
Thanks

Back to top Go down

OK to update online, or not, and adding further expansion packs Empty Re: OK to update online, or not, and adding further expansion packs

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 28 Aug 2016, 17:05

Dali wrote:Brand new to SIMS - could not get SIMS 4 to instal despite trying everything, and all advice from the site, so dropped back a version to SIMS 3   ...   it installed first time, with some of the expansion packs (all from the games4theworld files), and has so far been running perfectly OK.

Two simple question   ...   on starting, there is a nag screen to download Origin (which I do NOT want, and so ignore - and the game runs fine without it), and also an offer to go online and update to the latest version (which I don't really need). Question is, if I let this version 'talk' to their site online, am I heading for problems, or will any available free downloads etc work OK without screwing up the existing installation?

Second question - at present I've installed SOME of the expansion packs - about half of them - before the final cracking etc, as per the guidelines. If I want to add further expansion packs from these same files, what procudure do I need to follow re r-e-cracking etc?
Thanks

//MOVED

Hello again,

If your game is already updated to 1.67, then you don't need to do anything else. I don't recommend using the 1.69 version of the game, if that is the update that is showing up for you.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

OK to update online, or not, and adding further expansion packs Empty Re: OK to update online, or not, and adding further expansion packs

Post by Guest Sun 28 Aug 2016, 17:12

Yes - it's on 1.67, and I'm avoiding 1.69 :-)
What is the procedure for adding more extension packs after the initial installation, as per the original post?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 28 Aug 2016, 17:16

Dali wrote:Yes - it's on 1.67, and I'm avoiding 1.69 :-)
What is the procedure for adding more extension packs after the initial installation, as per the original post?

Simply install additional expansions or stuffpacks "on top" of your already existing installation. Extract the contents of the .RAR into a folder, install from the folder, repeat the same with any subsequent expansions, and so forth.

After you did all of that, it's a good idea to re-apply the 1.67 manual patch and Ultimate fix too, to even out some potential little bugs that can happen during the installation of other expansions.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Aug 2016, 17:19

Ok - many thanks, much appreciated :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top