Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Game Data Incomplete' sims 4 wineskin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'Game Data Incomplete' sims 4 wineskin Empty 'Game Data Incomplete' sims 4 wineskin

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2016, 16:09

Hi everyone!
Ever since I used the 'ultimate fix' on my sims 4 on my macbook I keep getting the 'Game Data Incomplete' error and none of the expansion packs work. I tried plating offline, I tried deleted (possibly corupted) saves and I tried removing my mods. nothing works. Please help!

Brenda.

Back to top Go down

'Game Data Incomplete' sims 4 wineskin Empty Re: 'Game Data Incomplete' sims 4 wineskin

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 21:22

I reinstalled origin too. still nothing. please help!

Back to top Go down

'Game Data Incomplete' sims 4 wineskin Empty Re: 'Game Data Incomplete' sims 4 wineskin

Post by night_lights Fri 30 Sep 2016, 10:33

Hi there! Before I can help you any further is this error coming up in-game or is it a desktop popup?
night_lights
night_lights
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4, The Stupid Test 4, Shop Empire 2

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Sep 2016, 10:37

night_lights wrote:Hi there! Before I can help you any further is this error coming up in-game or is it a desktop popup?
The error is showing up in game when I load my save

Back to top Go down

Post by night_lights Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:21

This most likely happens because you made a mistake in the installation of the Ultimate Fix. It happens all the time to me when i'm being a bit careless Oh my...
These are the steps I take in order to fix my game when this happens:
Go to your documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 and drag the files,
  •Tray
  •Saves

•Mods, optional

•Screenshots, optional

to your desktop, this is to back them up.
Since I back up my previous files in (Applications > Right-click The Sims 4, Show Package Contents > Drive C > Program Files > The Sims 4) I just replace all the new files I put in there and re-install The Ultimate Fix by dragging and dropping the files into the respective folders.

Although, assuming you haven't backed those files up you'll need to re-install your game.
Make sure you've backed up the files in documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 that I mentioned above, and have copies of the base game, the expansion packs you have, and the ultimate fix. Put them into a folder where you can easily access them, like Downloads or your Desktop.
First install the base game, and check if that works, then install all the expansion packs and check if they all work and are in your game.
Once that is done, re-install the Ultimate Fix.
Make sure with the Expansion packs and the Ultimate Fix, you put the items in the respective folders each don't replace all the folders with the one's from the Ultimate Fix and the Expansion packs.

Just incase that wasn't very clear I'll show you pictures, I made a mock-folder for this called Ultimate Fix, I am aware that it doesn't contain what the Ultimate Fix actually contains, this is just for demonstration purposes.

Get both files up, The Sims 4 (Applications > Right-click The Sims 4, Show Package Contents > Drive C > Program Files > The Sims 4) and either the Expansion Pack or the Ultimate Fix.
'Game Data Incomplete' sims 4 wineskin Screen20

On the Ultimate Fix or EP folder open the first folder.
'Game Data Incomplete' sims 4 wineskin Screen19

Do the same on the Sims 4 folder.
Then on the Ultimate Fix or EP folder select everything, and if there are folders in that folder command+click the folders so that they are un-selected.
'Game Data Incomplete' sims 4 wineskin Screen18

Now right click and press copy items.
'Game Data Incomplete' sims 4 wineskin Screen13

Go to the Sims 4 folder and right click, paste items.
'Game Data Incomplete' sims 4 wineskin Screen14

Now go into the individual folders in the Ultimate fix or EP folder.
'Game Data Incomplete' sims 4 wineskin Screen16

Open the same file on the Sims 4 folder.
'Game Data Incomplete' sims 4 wineskin Screen15

Now select the folders in the Ultimate fix/EP folder and paste them into the respective folder.
'Game Data Incomplete' sims 4 wineskin Screen11'Game Data Incomplete' sims 4 wineskin Screen12

Make sure you press "Replace" on the pop up.
'Game Data Incomplete' sims 4 wineskin Screen10

I hope this made a least some sense to you.. I realise that I didn't structure this very well so it may be confusing but I hope this helps Smile
night_lights
night_lights
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4, The Stupid Test 4, Shop Empire 2

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top