Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Create A World crashes on Edit in Game [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Create A World crashes on Edit in Game [SOLVED] Empty Create A World crashes on Edit in Game [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 23 Sep 2016, 21:22

Got version 1.67 of the game, thanks to G4TW.  Went to EA, got version 1.67 of Create A World.  Opened up fine, and I was using it like I did years ago...  before they had a dozen expansions.  Anyway, I tried doing Edit In Game.  Every single time, I'd wait 20 minutes while it completely froze up, then told me, the Sims 3 has stopped working.  Tried a new world, tried Riverview Lite, same deal.

Looked at a few other forums.  They all seem to imply that the problem is both with forcing the Launcher open, as well as issues with Origin, and Securom.  Obviously if I got the game through G4TW, there might be an issue with that.

Any thoughts on how to get around this?  I'd really like to continue building my old world and/ or start a new one.

Admin edit: Moved to right section.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Create A World crashes on Edit in Game [SOLVED] Empty Re: Create A World crashes on Edit in Game [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Fri 23 Sep 2016, 21:33

Hi there,

The Sims 3 itself works, right? If that one gives errors when you try to launch it, we need to fix those first of course.

If there are no errors, try getting rid of all your Mods and/or CC if you have any.
After that test the CAW tool again and let us know the result. (It's also worth trying to run the tool as an Administrator)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Create A World crashes on Edit in Game [SOLVED] Empty Re: Create A World crashes on Edit in Game [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 24 Sep 2016, 06:26

Tried uninstalling the legit CAW and using your download link here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t7423-download-link-for-the-create-a-world-tool

Again, froze my machine for 30 minutes, as expected.  Always did, even when it was working years ago.  And again, crash.  The Sims 3 has stopped working.  Basically, same error as legit version, so I might be on to something.

I didn't really have any mods, but I sure had store content.  I'm assuming if I just yank the DCCache, Downloads, Library, Mods folders, it will rebuild as needed.  I would also assume that means I won't be able to build with things from say, Lunar Lakes or Dragon Valley?  Well, darn...  EDIT:  Oh wait, those count as installed worlds, so I should have that stuff.  Just not the gold version extras, I guess.

Oh yeah, forgot about running the tool as Admin, doh.  I'm certain I was using CC way back when, but that was also oh...  shortly after Showtime came out, and on a much lower end machine.  I was surprised I could even run CAW then, but it sure taxed my system.

Hrm, yanking folders, let's see what this does.  I'll assume it will still freeze up for a half hour before telling me if it worked or not.

Also, yes, playing the game worked just fine, thanks!  So did all the store content.  Had a couple items I got elsewhere which refused to work, and I haven't gone in manually to overwrite yet, but I'll figure that out eventually.  It's likely the items I got from elsewhere causing this issue though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Sep 2016, 06:46

Holy cow, it loaded in under 5 minutes!  Well, now I know what the issue was, heh!

Admin edit: Glad you found the cause. Enjoy the game and please let us know if you run into issues again! Wink

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top