Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto-Lighting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Auto-Lighting Empty Auto-Lighting

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct 2016, 17:19

Hey! Can't seem to find anything about auto lighting so here I go...
I made this house that has 3 floor levels; under auto lighting the first two floors are working fine but on the third floor all of the lights are going bonkers except for one of the bedrooms. They are off during the day but on during the night even when there are no sims in the room or even when the sims are sleeping. I tried removing all of the lights that are 'defective' and put different lights. Still, no difference Sad 
I need help  Why God.

All Hail Carlos! Help

Back to top Go down

Auto-Lighting Empty Re: Auto-Lighting

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 11 Oct 2016, 00:04

fioreedom wrote:Hey! Can't seem to find anything about auto lighting so here I go...
I made this house that has 3 floor levels; under auto lighting the first two floors are working fine but on the third floor all of the lights are going bonkers except for one of the bedrooms. They are off during the day but on during the night even when there are no sims in the room or even when the sims are sleeping. I tried removing all of the lights that are 'defective' and put different lights. Still, no difference Sad 
I need help  Why God.

All Hail Carlos! Help

Hello @fioreedom,

Does the glitch affect lights from all of the DLC? Have you tried putting lights from the base game (the thumbnails of the items have a small symbol of whether they belong to a certain DLC, and if there is no symbol, it belongs to the base game)?

There is also the possibility of "saving" individual rooms to your library. Then you delete/purge the defective rooms (where the lighting doesn't work), and put the rooms that you saved to the library - back into the house. 

Another thing to consider, is that the localthumbcache.package file located under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 should be deleted regularly to avoid some glitches. If you haven't done so yet, please do. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2016, 17:58

Most of the lights I used are from the base game and yes they've gone bonkers too.
I also did try the saving to library trick and once I chose the auto lighting option...nada  Oh my...
Deleting the localthumbcache.package also did nothing.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 22 Oct 2016, 02:20

fioreedom wrote:Most of the lights I used are from the base game and yes they've gone bonkers too.
I also did try the saving to library trick and once I chose the auto lighting option...nada  Oh my...
Deleting the localthumbcache.package also did nothing.

Just to be sure, I assume you used the downloads from Games4theworld? If so, you did use WinRAR for extracting the .RAR files? Other than that, I can only suspect: GLITCH (I'm sorry).

What he said. I'm so happy emergaw
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Oct 2016, 12:20

Yep, I used the downloads from Games4theworld but I used WinZip, though I believe there won't be a difference. Right? And it's okay  Smile Thanks for helping me!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 22 Oct 2016, 20:17

fioreedom wrote:Yep, I used the downloads from Games4theworld but I used WinZip, though I believe there won't be a difference. Right? 

Actually, it can make a huge difference. For example, the problem outlined in this topic was due to a person using something different than WinRAR. Games4theworld uses WinRAR only to compress items, therefore people should use the same program for extracting as well. 

I'm afraid you will need to consider re-installing the games, with WinRAR being used for extraction...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top