Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Sims 3] Game doesn't fit screen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Sims 3] Game doesn't fit screen Empty [Sims 3] Game doesn't fit screen

Post by Guest Sun 23 Oct 2011, 22:23

I don't know if you'll actually be able to help me with this, but I recently installed The Sims 3 Along with Pets onto my girlfriend laptop which happens to be a rather small laptop which a tiny screen. To make it fit I was attempting to change the screen resolution to maybe get the dimensions to fit more correctly though when I attempt to edit the options of the game the options panel exceeds the screen dimensions and there's no way to reach the "Check Mark" to apply the settings. I've learned that "Esc" closes the panel but I have yet to discover a solutions to apply the settings. I've tried "Enter" and even "Shift + Enter" and also "Tab + Enter" the "Check Mark" might not have a hotkey but I was hoping there might be a way to edit the game options some other way, any solutions would help greatly because she also wants to turn off aging and without the ability to apply any option settings I can't turn aging off. Also, I've discovered the shop when creating a Sim also passes up the computer screen dimensions. I've considered maybe plugging the laptop into another larger monitor to edit the settings, but I'm not even sure these Mini's have the plug in for that.

Please any ideas would be great.

Admin edit: Topic moved to right section.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

[Sims 3] Game doesn't fit screen Empty Re: [Sims 3] Game doesn't fit screen

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 24 Oct 2011, 10:12

Hello,
You could try putting the game in windowed mode using a cheatcode. To bring up the console, use CTRL-SHIFT-C (or CTRL-SHIFT-WINDOWS-C). Then type fullscreen off and [ENTER]. Now you're game is in a window you can drag around until you can click the check mark.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Oct 2011, 13:23

Yeah, I tried that. Sadly that was a failure also. We discovered the game it's self is too big due to the resolution. So putting it in window mode and dragging around the sides didn't do anything.

And the laptop also doesn't have a Alternative monitor plug in.

It's not lookin so good over here.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 24 Oct 2011, 14:35

Hello,
That's too bad. You could try the auto-adjust function of the monitor, if it has that option.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)