Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with installation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help with installation  Empty Help with installation

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 18:59

Hello, I hope this is not a repeat question. I've went through the forums and tried various fixes but nothing is working.

I've downloaded the base game and expansions via games4theworld torrents. The base game went in absolutely fine, I just mounted the image and installed. No problems.

When it comes to the expansions I can't even get them open. The .exe files won't open (obviously I'm using a MacBook Pro), so I tried the fix of creating a DMG file. I've followed this step by step and the DMG won't open.

I don't know a lot about cracking games and or Macs, I'm new to them. But it seems like iso files would be the easiest way to install the games.

Could anyone help me with a fix, or point out what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated, again I apologise if this has been mentioned on the forum before. I had a look but it's easy to miss things.

SN.

Back to top Go down

Help with installation  Empty Re: Help with installation

Post by Guest Tue 19 Mar 2013, 22:47

Hello!

Which application did you use to unzip the RAR expansions?
You can't open the .exe file because you have to click on the Expansion Installer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Mar 2013, 18:37

Hey, I think I found out the error. I was using the unarchiver, which didn't work very well but stuffit expander works so far.

Thanks for the comment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 23 Mar 2013, 18:45

Hello,

Good luck and please let us know the final result!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Mar 2013, 16:38

Hey, I followed every step in the installation process. I had no problems and got every expansion and stuff pack installed. In the launcher it says my game is up to date, so the manual patch worked fine.

Now when I try and launch the game I get a service initialisation error and the game and launcher just closes without loading at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Mar 2013, 16:53

Just a side note , you should turn off your wifi / internet everytime you open the Sims 3 just to be on the safe side.

Back to the problem , I did a search for you and came up with this:

"Note: This problem also happens with the patch for the vanilla game.

"First off:
If you have been having issues saving, please be advised that the way we have saved games in the past has changed with WA and that EA people are trying to fix it, and should be released soon.

Second:
If you have been getting 0x6224dd27 at start up here is what you have to do to fix it.

Service Initialization Error (0x6224dd27) follow these steps to fix it.

1.) Cut The Sims 3 Folder from the EA folder in my document (That has your games)
2.) Save it to The Desktop or a Saving Device (i saved it in a saving device to make sure i didn't loose anything.
3.) W/o the old Sims 3 folder run the game (it should work)
4.) A new folder should be in the old one's place.
5.) Delete the following 5 from the new folder and replace it with your old folders: ScreenShots, Recorded Videos, Downloads, Saves, and SavedSims."

It seemed to help whoever was experiencing this problem, so hopefully it'll solve yours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top