Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Run game as administrator if it is the first time you start it. Always make sure Origin Client is not running' Error Message

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'Run game as administrator if it is the first time you start it. Always make sure Origin Client is not running' Error Message Empty 'Run game as administrator if it is the first time you start it. Always make sure Origin Client is not running' Error Message

Post by Guest Tue 24 Oct 2017, 19:28

Hi there,

When I try to start the game I get the error message - 'Run game as administrator if it is the first time you start it. Always make sure Origin Client is not running'. I am right-clicking and opening 'TS4_x64.exe' as administrator and do not have Origin installed on my computer. I have checked task manager and there do not seem to be any hidden origin tasks.

I have tried disabling my antivirus and firewall to no effect.

The game is installed C://Program Files/Sims 4

I installed the game as per instructions yesterday and it worked fine until I added the toddlers game - the my game was in Spanish. I started getting this error message then so uninstalled it, checked for residual files and then redownloaded all the content and reinstalled from scratch, this time using the EC3 fix to put the language back to English. This error is persistent though and I cant find a solution in any of the other threads about it on the forum.

I am running the game with no CC, mods, saves ect added, I'm just trying to get the game itself to run at the moment.

Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

//EDIT

Thank you - the link doesn't seem to be working for me? Sorry if I'm being stupid

//EDIT

Does that mean there's a newer version or is it just no longer available? I think I tried to download that earlier and itd been removed

Back to top Go down

'Run game as administrator if it is the first time you start it. Always make sure Origin Client is not running' Error Message Empty Re: 'Run game as administrator if it is the first time you start it. Always make sure Origin Client is not running' Error Message

Post by Guest Tue 24 Oct 2017, 21:41

kenikigenikai wrote:Does that mean there's a newer version or is it just no longer available? I think I tried to download that earlier and itd been removed
See my amended post above.
Apparently my "post above" has been removed by a staff-member because I broke a Forum rule.

Back to top Go down

'Run game as administrator if it is the first time you start it. Always make sure Origin Client is not running' Error Message Empty Re: 'Run game as administrator if it is the first time you start it. Always make sure Origin Client is not running' Error Message

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 25 Oct 2017, 19:31

kenikigenikai wrote:Hi there,

When I try to start the game I get the error message - 'Run game as administrator if it is the first time you start it. Always make sure Origin Client is not running'. I am right-clicking and opening 'TS4_x64.exe' as administrator and do not have Origin installed on my computer. I have checked task manager and there do not seem to be any hidden origin tasks.

I have tried disabling my antivirus and firewall to no effect.

The game is installed C://Program Files/Sims 4

I installed the game as per instructions yesterday and it worked fine until I added the toddlers game - the my game was in Spanish. I started getting this error message then so uninstalled it, checked for residual files and then redownloaded all the content and reinstalled from scratch, this time using the EC3 fix to put the language back to English. This error is persistent though and I cant find a solution in any of the other threads about it on the forum.

I am running the game with no CC, mods, saves ect added, I'm just trying to get the game itself to run at the moment.

Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

//EDIT

Thank you - the link doesn't seem to be working for me? Sorry if I'm being stupid

//EDIT

Does that mean there's a newer version or is it just no longer available? I think I tried to download that earlier and itd been removed

Hello and welcome to the Forum @kenikigenikai,

You can find the "Game"-folder (currently version 1.33.38.1020), in this Forum tutorial here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-screen-version-1-33-38-1020

Good luck and keep us posted about your progress if you like! Remember, this will only work if you have installed all DLC up to and including "Toddlers Stuff".

I tip my fedora.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Nov 2017, 15:09

Hello, I kind of have the same error.
First of all, the TS4 exe won't even work, though I clicked to open as Administrator, won't open any window nor show any error as well.
Then clicking TS4_x64 appears the "Run as adminitrator and make sure Origin isn't working" when I clicked it as Adminitrator and don't have Origin in this computer.
I tried the Error 3 Fix and they switched problems.
Now TS4 shows me the "As administrator and Origin error" and TS4_x64 won't do a thing when clicking it.

Help please? I already uninstalled it and installed it again, make sure to do every step in the Guides, and even installed on my own the Microsoft Visuals x64 and x86 since the ones in the Sims 4 Base Game wasn't working.

Can you please help me?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 08 Nov 2017, 22:08

wayxjaced wrote:Hello, I kind of have the same error.
First of all, the TS4 exe won't even work, though I clicked to open as Administrator, won't open any window nor show any error as well.
Then clicking TS4_x64 appears the "Run as adminitrator and make sure Origin isn't working" when I clicked it as Adminitrator and don't have Origin in this computer.
I tried the Error 3 Fix and they switched problems.
Now TS4 shows me the "As administrator and Origin error" and TS4_x64 won't do a thing when clicking it.

Help please? I already uninstalled it and installed it again, make sure to do every step in the Guides, and even installed on my own the Microsoft Visuals x64 and x86 since the ones in the Sims 4 Base Game wasn't working.

Can you please help me?

Hello,

If you need any help, please open a new thread for yourself. Smile  You can of course copy/paste any messages you may have written by now, into your new thread (instead of re-typing everything all over).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top