Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 "Contents were created by newer version" error. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 "Contents were created by newer version" error. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 4 "Contents were created by newer version" error. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 12 Dec 2016, 02:16

Sims 4 "Contents were created by newer version" error. [SOLVED] Screenshot_2
Hi, so I redownloaded the G4TW Sims 4 (I followed the instructions and made sure I had a clean pc with no sims 4 stuff), but I continue to get this error. Could anyone help me on this? I've redownloaded the game about three times now, all to no success. Here's a list of things I did while installing it:

1) Installed TS4
2) Installed Get To Work
3) Installed Get Together
4) Installed Ultimate Fix
5) Moved TS4 folder to program files
6) Sent a shortcut of TS4_64.exe to the desktop

I tried starting it as admin and without admin, both did nothing to solve the problem

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 "Contents were created by newer version" error. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 "Contents were created by newer version" error. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 13 Dec 2016, 15:34

Sorry for the late reply,

Did you have an Origin-game of The Sims 4 installed earlier? Try going under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and find the file named GameVersion.txt. Delete it then, and re-run the game.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 "Contents were created by newer version" error. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 "Contents were created by newer version" error. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 14:50

Hiya, 

Thanks that actually worked but I have another problem after solving this one. I also added the Get to Work, Get Together and City Livings expansion but it hasn't changed anything in game..wondering what could be done here? 

Thanks a lot in advanced

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 23 Dec 2016, 18:56

asianatics wrote:Hiya, 

Thanks that actually worked but I have another problem after solving this one. I also added the Get to Work, Get Together and City Livings expansion but it hasn't changed anything in game..wondering what could be done here? 

Thanks a lot in advanced

Welcome to the Forum first of all,

Make sure to follow the instructions here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

If you are still encountering issues, please open a new topic on here. Smile  Since the OP hasn't posted back about his progress on the issue, I'll lock this thread for now.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top