Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The contents of my user directory was created by a newer version of the sims 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The contents of my user directory was  created by a newer version of the sims 4 Empty The contents of my user directory was created by a newer version of the sims 4

Post by Guest Wed 15 Aug 2018, 22:12

Hi,

I had every every expansion downloaded up to the game before Laundry Day. It has been about two months since I've played my game but I went to launch today and was getting errors. 

I downloaded the new expansions and then was in the process of installing and got confused. Now I keep getting the error that The contents of my user directory was  created by a newer version of the sims 4. Update your game via Origin.

Can I repair it at this point? I searched the forum and didn't see much of a solution to this issue. Do I have to reinstall everything? 

Any and all help would be greatly GREATLY appreciated.

Back to top Go down

The contents of my user directory was  created by a newer version of the sims 4 Empty Re: The contents of my user directory was created by a newer version of the sims 4

Post by Guest Wed 15 Aug 2018, 22:42

Try this and post the result here.

Back to top Go down

The contents of my user directory was  created by a newer version of the sims 4 Empty Re: The contents of my user directory was created by a newer version of the sims 4

Post by Guest Thu 16 Aug 2018, 10:26

First of all try this:
Open the folder Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
Delete the file GameVersion
Then restart game

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Aug 2018, 16:13

Tarac wrote:First of all try this:
Open the folder Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
Delete the file GameVersion
Then restart game
Thank you for responding. I searched for this in the file but I don't have it so I must have deleted it already.. 

Should I just reinstall everything?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top