Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Contents of your user directory were created by a newer version of THe Sims 4 and cannot be loaded." [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Contents of your user directory were created by a newer version of THe Sims 4 and cannot be loaded." [SOLVED] Empty "Contents of your user directory were created by a newer version of THe Sims 4 and cannot be loaded." [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jul 2017, 02:13

So, I keep running into this error when installing the base game:
"The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play."

I don't have Origin installed. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game multiple times, and even tried deleting all files and unzipping them again. Can't seem to fix it. Any help?

Last edited by minnarion on Sat 15 Jul 2017, 01:29; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

"Contents of your user directory were created by a newer version of THe Sims 4 and cannot be loaded." [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Contents of your user directory were created by a newer version of THe Sims 4 and cannot be loaded." [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jul 2017, 12:49

Open the folder User\Your username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
Look for the file GameVersion and delete it.
Now start your game again.

Your username is the name of your computer in Windows, so not your Origin username.

Mod edit: since the OP's problem seems resolved, I will lock the thread now.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top