Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 - CAS force close - not responding error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 - CAS force close - not responding error Empty Sims 3 - CAS force close - not responding error

Post by Guest Sat 17 Dec 2016, 20:36

Hey everyone Smile

I know my problem has been asked a few times, but nothing has worked and I no longer know what to do.

I've downloaded TS3 from G4TW in March '16 and since then have been playing it with no problems. As of about 2 weeks ago it started giving problems by force closing in Create A Sim, giving the not responding error. I have now uninstalled the whole game with all expansions, and reinstalled it (only about half of all the expansions). I have done the ultimate fix, that thing where I'm suppose to backup the files that's under Documents and delete everything, that thing where you increase the amount of RAM available for usage.... Literally everything I could find on this site from all the problems other players have had.

In normal game play everything is fine, JUST in Create A Sim it causes that error. I literally have no idea what to do anymore.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards Why.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 - CAS force close - not responding error Empty Re: Sims 3 - CAS force close - not responding error

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 17 Dec 2016, 21:47

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
It's possible that your game is crashing on the amount of items it has to load in CAS. It is possible to simplify that with a mod: Nraas MasterController. The mod can do much more than that but, this particular function is pretty handy, or it can be.

Basically, you will only get to see 1 "style" of each CAS item, instead of 3-6 different colours and textures.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 - CAS force close - not responding error Empty Re: Sims 3 - CAS force close - not responding error

Post by Guest Sun 18 Dec 2016, 12:10

Hi

Thank you so much! I am downloading it now and will see if that works. Don't know what else there is to try anymore Sad

//EDIT

Sad Sad Now it gives me the no disc found error, which it never did before

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 18 Dec 2016, 13:09

That's weird... That shouldn't happen, try reapplying the crack.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Dec 2016, 14:04

I reapplied the Ultimate Fix and the crack. It worked while in CAS, but force closed again when it returned to the town.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 18 Dec 2016, 16:34

Hmm... I was having that exact problem a few days ago (and haven't bothered to look into it yet). You could try these possible options.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Dec 2016, 18:49

I've been through the list. Twice. I'm at the point of giving up. It's absolutely beyond me why this is happening.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 18 Dec 2016, 20:05

Because: TS3. It's a messed up game WhatDidUJustCallMe?

See if tweaking your in-game graphics options helps at all, turn off reflections, and put all settings to low.
If all else fails, you can take a sim to CAS with MasterController as well. I haven't had any crashes when using that option myself.
It doesn't really help I suppose, but you can alter a sim from the bin that way, you will have the same options available as in the original CAS screen.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top