Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to install mods? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to install mods? [SOLVED] Empty How to install mods? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 17 Dec 2016, 21:04

I've played Sims 3 and 4 perfectly fine with mods, but I can't figure out how to install mods with the Sims 2. I've tried to create a folder named "Downloads" and started my game, but the CC doesn't show up anywhere. I'm using the cracked version of the game from games4theworld.

Back to top Go down

How to install mods? [SOLVED] Empty Re: How to install mods? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 18 Dec 2016, 01:52

Ciel wrote:I've played Sims 3 and 4 perfectly fine with mods, but I can't figure out how to install mods with the Sims 2. I've tried to create a folder named "Downloads" and started my game, but the CC doesn't show up anywhere. I'm using the cracked version of the game from games4theworld.

Hello and welcome to the Forum @Ciel! Very Happy

Just to be 100% sure: did you get the following here on game startup?

How to install mods? [SOLVED] Screen10

If this is what you got, did you choose "enable custom content"? Did you also make sure to create the folder Downloads in the correct location? It should be under Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Downloads.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Dec 2016, 02:24

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Ciel wrote:I've played Sims 3 and 4 perfectly fine with mods, but I can't figure out how to install mods with the Sims 2. I've tried to create a folder named "Downloads" and started my game, but the CC doesn't show up anywhere. I'm using the cracked version of the game from games4theworld.

Hello and welcome to the Forum @Ciel! Very Happy

Just to be 100% sure: did you get the following here on game startup?

How to install mods? [SOLVED] Screen10

If this is what you got, did you choose "enable custom content"? Did you also make sure to create the folder Downloads in the correct location? It should be under Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Downloads.
Hey, and thanks. ^^
No, I didn't even get the pop-up. I have custom content enabled and I created the downloads file.
I feel like I may have done something wrong, but I can't show you a picture because of the "external links".
The downloads folder is in Windows (C:) > Program Files (x86) > EA GAMES. Should I move it?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 19 Dec 2016, 02:33

The Downloads folder must go under Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2, and not under the Program files (x86). Smile  See the screenshot from my own system:

How to install mods? [SOLVED] 1ee7e878a37c4334959d8da50787ff69
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Dec 2016, 02:51

The_gh0stm4n wrote:The Downloads folder must go under Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2, and not under the Program files (x86). Smile  See the screenshot from my own system:

I actually don't have a "Sims 2" folder...which confuses me? I only have folders like "Sims 2 Apartment Life" and all of the EP & SPs.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 19 Dec 2016, 03:04

Could you press the Windows key + E ? Smile

How to install mods? [SOLVED] 15d22f1e086145678992245d0226f4fb

You can either look on the left (see my screenshot) under "Libraries" for the folder named Documents. Or you can search for it in the top right corner: type Documents and hit enter.

If you did it correctly you should then see a bunch of folders under Documents. Go under EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Downloads.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Dec 2016, 03:10

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Could you press the Windows key + E ? Smile

How to install mods? [SOLVED] 15d22f1e086145678992245d0226f4fb

You can either look on the left (see my screenshot) under "Libraries" for the folder named Documents. Or you can search for it in the top right corner: type Documents and hit enter.

If you did it correctly you should then see a bunch of folders under Documents. Go under EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Downloads.
Oh okay! I found it that way. I clicked on the "Sims 2" folder and all the subfolders have green checks on them?
Can I move this folder to where all of the expansion folders are?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 19 Dec 2016, 03:15

What do you mean by green checks? Very Happy

And no, you should leave that folder where it is. See again my above picture:

Assuming your custom content is in the .package file format, you just put them inside the "Downloads"-folder, see the above picture.

Note: if you decide to move this folder, your custom content simply won't show up. It may be tricky, but once you get used to this, finding that Documents-folder should be easy. Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Dec 2016, 03:22

The_gh0stm4n wrote:What do you mean by green checks? Very Happy

And no, you should leave that folder where it is. See again my above picture:

Assuming your custom content is in the .package file format, you just put them inside the "Downloads"-folder, see the above picture.

Note: if you decide to move this folder, your custom content simply won't show up. It may be tricky, but once you get used to this, finding that Documents-folder should be easy. Very Happy
I'm not sure. Each folder has a small green check on the bottom of them.
Okay, so I can't move the whole "EA games" folder into my desktop?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 19 Dec 2016, 03:39

Ciel wrote:I'm not sure. Each folder has a small green check on the bottom of them.

Theoretically you could have the folder "elsewhere", but I won't go into that now (since that procedure can be tricky). I strongly recommend you leave all those folders untouched, and in place!

I am going to work on a custom-content guide for The Sims 2 in the coming days; something which I haven't gotten around to doing thus far. Stay tuned for more, if you like. Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Dec 2016, 03:42

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Ciel wrote:I'm not sure. Each folder has a small green check on the bottom of them.

Theoretically you could have the folder "elsewhere", but I won't go into that now (since that procedure can be tricky). I strongly recommend you leave all those folders untouched, and in place!

I am going to work on a custom-content guide for The Sims 2 in the coming days; something which I haven't gotten around to doing thus far. Stay tuned for more, if you like. Very Happy
Okay. Thank you! It actually wasn't that hard to find it in Winrar so I don't really need to move it. I just tried to extract it into the downloads folders, but it still doesn't show up in the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 19 Dec 2016, 03:52

Ciel wrote:Okay. Thank you! It actually wasn't that hard to find it in Winrar so I don't really need to move it. I just tried to extract it into the downloads folders, but it still doesn't show up in the game.

OK, if you see me online on the Forum's chatbox (see at the top of the Forum's main page), please log in there. I'll try and assist you through TeamViewer. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Dec 2016, 04:50

Okay, it does work now! Thank you so much!
It doesn't show up in the pop-up, though. But it is in the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 19 Dec 2016, 05:01

Problem solved through TeamViewer. Smile  I downloaded and installed the Color Enabler Package necessary for re-colored (EA/Maxis) items to show up in-game. 

About the pop-up dialog at the beginning, I believe it only shows custom content that can "modify" certain in-game stuff. I'm thinking here mostly about script mods or the like.

Since the problem seem solved, I will close the topic. Feel free to open a new one in the future if you need more advice, or if you have any follow-up issues about this you can also send me a message to re-open this thread.

Until then have fun!

Cookie from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top