Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don’t know how to install Mods for The Sims 4!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Don’t know how to install Mods for The Sims 4! Empty Don’t know how to install Mods for The Sims 4!

Post by Guest Tue 30 Apr 2019, 14:54

Hi guys! I’ve downloaded the sims 4 from this site (with all expansions ) and works fine (for this thank you so much!!) but now I want to install mods and I noticed that in documents/electronicarts/thesims4 the mods folder is missing, I tried to create one with the resource.cfg file but for now don’t work.
Do you know how to install mods in this cracked version of the sims 4?
Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Don’t know how to install Mods for The Sims 4! Empty Re: Don’t know how to install Mods for The Sims 4!

Post by Guest Tue 30 Apr 2019, 15:42

If it's missing then you're checking in wrong directory. Post a screenshot of what's inside "Documents\Electronic Arts".

Back to top Go down

Don’t know how to install Mods for The Sims 4! Empty Re: Don’t know how to install Mods for The Sims 4!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 30 Apr 2019, 17:14

Raimondo wrote:Hi guys! I’ve downloaded the sims 4 from this site (with all expansions ) and works fine (for this thank you so much!!) but now I want to install mods and I noticed that in documents/electronicarts/thesims4 the mods folder is missing, I tried to create one with the resource.cfg file but for now don’t work.
Do you know how to install mods in this cracked version of the sims 4?
Thank you!

Also note (in case you haven't), that the Mods-folder/location will only show up after you started the game at least once. So if you never installed or played The Sims 4 on your current computer, this might also be an explanation.

If that's the case, just start the game once, exit after you get to the main menu, and then you should have your Mods folder.

Edit: sorry, after reading your message more closely I'm assuming you did actually start up the game. If so, the correct location is C:\Users\(your Windows account name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Apr 2019, 17:20

No, I played the games many times, I still playing it, but the folder has never appeared.
When i’m In documents folder I see all the folder that I’ve extracted from the separate download of the expansions..
I’ll post the screenshot soon as possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 30 Apr 2019, 17:24

Raimondo wrote:No, I played the games many times, I still playing it, but the folder has never appeared.
When i’m In documents folder I see all the folder that I’ve extracted from the separate download of the expansions..
I’ll post the screenshot soon as possible.

Yes, yes, I actually edited my previous reply. Smile  You can or should delete the stuff that you extracted. In the future it might also be better to simply extract stuff, into folders that are located on the desktop. And once you are done with installing, back up the installers or delete them, from the desktop.

You can also search your computer for a component from the TS4 Documents-folder. Search for example, "cachestr". Go inside your C: drive, and in the top right corner type the "cachestr" and search for it. I've seen it myself, that some antivirus programs "sandbox" stuff from the Documents-folder, and into a different location. I think I had Bitdefender at the time. So I had to search the computer for the re-located Documents-folder...

Edit: Or simply use the magnifying glass on your taskbar, for searching
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Apr 2019, 21:05

Don’t know how to install Mods for The Sims 4! 98620910

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Apr 2019, 21:05

This is inside the The Sims 4 folder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Apr 2019, 21:09

This is clearly inside "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4" folder. Mods don't go there, mods go to "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods". I asked what's inside "Documents\Electronic Arts" to see if you have multiple folders there (some languages have different folder name).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Apr 2019, 21:11

But when I follow the guide for installing the Sims 4 I’ve read to relocate the sims 4 out of electronics arts folder and put it inside programs files (x86)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Apr 2019, 21:13

And cause of this inside electronics arts there’s only the old The Sims 3 folder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Apr 2019, 21:15

But we're talking about mods, not your installation folder... Mods go to "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Apr 2019, 21:17

Don’t know how to install Mods for The Sims 4! 425b7b10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Apr 2019, 21:18

Ooooh!! I found it! Thank you so much, I didn’t know there was another folder..
Thank you so much!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top