Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding to the base game of sims 4. [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Adding to the base game of sims 4. [CLOSED] Empty Adding to the base game of sims 4. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Wed 28 Dec 2016, 23:14

Hey! I have the base game from origin, but I was wondering if it would mess up my game if I downloaded the expansion packs and what-not from yall? Because the base game is fun, no doubt, but would really love to have some extras lol Carlos is tha man!!!

Back to top Go down

Adding to the base game of sims 4. [CLOSED] Empty Re: Adding to the base game of sims 4. [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 29 Dec 2016, 05:24

Mandywashere0 wrote:Hey! I have the base game from origin, but I was wondering if it would mess up my game if I downloaded the expansion packs and what-not from yall? Because the base game is fun, no doubt, but would really love to have some extras lol Carlos is tha man!!!

Hello,

Do you still want to use the Origin-base game (for example, to access the 'Gallery')? If you still want to use that Origin-game, you should lave the game intact, and re-downloaded all G4TW-items:

- Base game
- Get to Work
- Get together
- City Living

See also this instruction guide here for more details. If you don't plan on using the base game (from Origin) anymore, you can just continue with downloading Get to Work - Get together - City Living, and paste these items over the install folder of your Origin- base game.

Good luck, and do keep us posted here in case you have any follow-up questions! Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Adding to the base game of sims 4. [CLOSED] Empty Re: Adding to the base game of sims 4. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Thu 29 Dec 2016, 08:17

Thank you for replying Smile so I do want to still use the gallery, so I need to download and install G4TW's base game, get to work, get together and city living? Does your base game go on top of mine? lol I'm not sure, I read the instructions, but I didnt see whaat it said to do. I'm sorry to be a bother  Help

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Dec 2016, 13:44

Mandywashere0 wrote:Thank you for replying Smile so I do want to still use the gallery, so I need to download and install G4TW's base game, get to work, get together and city living? Does your base game go on top of mine? lol I'm not sure, I read the instructions, but I didnt see whaat it said to do. I'm sorry to be a bother  Help
Keep your legal game away from the downloaded ones.
So f.e. your origin game is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin games\The Sims 4 and your downloaded games in
c:\Program Files (x06)\The Sims 4

I'm not sure if that is still the case but the pirated base game by default will be placed in Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. As soon as you have installed the base game, move (don't copy) the folder The Sims 4 to just Program Files (x86).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Dec 2016, 22:26

Tarac wrote:
Mandywashere0 wrote:Thank you for replying Smile so I do want to still use the gallery, so I need to download and install G4TW's base game, get to work, get together and city living? Does your base game go on top of mine? lol I'm not sure, I read the instructions, but I didnt see whaat it said to do. I'm sorry to be a bother  Help
So f.e. your origin game is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin games\The Sims 4 and your downloaded games in

I'm not sure if that is still the case but the pirated base game by default will be placed in Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. As soon as you have installed the base game, move (don't copy) the folder The Sims 4 to just Program Files (x86).

Thanks alot!! I will do that. Thanks so much for yalls help  I tip my fedora. I tip my fedora.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 30 Dec 2016, 12:41

Mandywashere0 wrote:
Thanks alot!! I will do that. Thanks so much for yalls help  I tip my fedora. I tip my fedora.

You're welcome.  Haters gonna hate Do keep us posted !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Dec 2016, 13:00

Mandywashere0 wrote:
Tarac wrote:

Additional remark:

When Origin updates your legal game and you return to the pirated version you will see an error message like "unable to start the game ... different version .. update via Origin".
You can't update your pirated game via Origin but you can let it "think" that is updated to the latest version.

Go to your legal version Program Files (x86) - Origin Games - The Sims 4 - Game - Bin and copy the file Default to the same location of your pirated game (overwrite).
f.e. Program Files (x86) - The Sims 4 - Game - Bin.
Both legal and pirated will now have the same version.

You'll have to repeat this each time Origin updates your legal game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jan 2017, 19:18

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Mandywashere0 wrote:Hey! I have the base game from origin, but I was wondering if it would mess up my game if I downloaded the expansion packs and what-not from yall? Because the base game is fun, no doubt, but would really love to have some extras lol Carlos is tha man!!!

Hello,

Do you still want to use the Origin-base game (for example, to access the 'Gallery')? If you still want to use that Origin-game, you should lave the game intact, and re-downloaded all G4TW-items:

- Base game
- Get to Work
- Get together
- City Living

See also this instruction guide here for more details. If you don't plan on using the base game (from Origin) anymore, you can just continue with downloading Get to Work - Get together - City Living, and paste these items over the install folder of your Origin- base game.

Good luck, and do keep us posted here in case you have any follow-up questions! Smile

Do these steps work when you have bought and installed both the base game, some EPs, GPs & SPs? I've bought and installed everything but Dine Out GP, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour SPs and City Living EP.

Do I still install in the order you gave above, despite having most packs? I'm assuming I can't just install from the City Living torrent for example.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jan 2017, 20:25

I think you can safely start with the download for Dine Out and then City Living.
Although I advise to do a complete separate pirated installation in another directory.
Then you can use both systems

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jan 2017, 18:50

Tarac wrote:
Mandywashere0 wrote:
Tarac wrote:
c:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4

Additional remark:

When Origin updates your legal game and you return to the pirated version you will see an error message like "unable to start the game ... different version .. update via Origin".
You can't update your pirated game via Origin but you can let it "think" that is updated to the latest version.

Go to your legal version Program Files (x86) - Origin Games - The Sims 4 - Game - Bin and copy the file Default to the same location of your pirated game (overwrite).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you mean as you have mentioned above with regards to keeping the G4TW download in C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4 and on encountering problems with Origin updates to follow the latter instructions in regards to the overwrite action?

To clarify I don't have to download the G4TW base game or other unnecessary expansions?

As you have also mentioned to do Dine Out then City Living etc. is there an order I should be installing the packs in? Or does it not matter once the Crack file is in place at the end of all installations?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jan 2017, 19:27

EmLouiseDarling wrote:
Tarac wrote:
Mandywashere0 wrote:
Tarac wrote:

Additional remark:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you mean as you have mentioned above with regards to keeping the G4TW download in C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4 and on encountering problems with Origin updates to follow the latter instructions in regards to the overwrite action?

To clarify I don't have to download the G4TW base game or other unnecessary expansions?

As you have also mentioned to do Dine Out then City Living etc. is there an order I should be installing the packs in? Or does it not matter once the Crack file is in place at the end of all installations?
Yes, when you keep the 2 versions apart, it means that you have to download all the downloads from G4TW
1. Basis
2. Get to Work
3,. Get Together
4. Dine Out
5. City Living

Keep the above mentioned order and dón't skip any.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jan 2017, 19:30

Tarac wrote:
EmLouiseDarling wrote:
Tarac wrote:
Mandywashere0 wrote:
Tarac wrote:

Additional remark:

Yes, when you keep the 2 versions apart, it means that you have to download all the downloads from G4TW
1. Basis
2. Get to Work
3,. Get Together
4. Dine Out
5. City Living

Keep the above mentioned order and dón't skip any.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the info/advice I'll try it out and come back if I can't troubleshoot any issues that may arise.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 05 Jan 2017, 22:11

Note that, due to technical issues, we're unable to split posts at the moment. 
Keep in mind @EmLouiseDarling and @Tarac, that your replies may be split off into a new topic (in this section) as soon as those issues are resolved. 
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 06 Jan 2017, 18:07

I will close the topic now, due to the topic being bumped by other users than the OP. You are always welcome to open a new topic/stick with your discussions in the topics that are already open. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top