Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game is unplaying

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game is unplaying  Empty Game is unplaying

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jan 2017, 01:23

First off, I want to clarify it is NOT the mods I have in my game. I've tried without them and the same issues occure.
So onto the actual issue now.

It started as my CAS messing up. The aspirations and traits tabs would either freeze in place or I just wouldn't be able to change them.
When I clicked on the phone, just the bottom of it would just be seeable on the top of the screen.
The it got worse.
When I paused the game and selected 'options' nothing would be in there. Nothing would show at all.
Then if I loaded into a household and tried to pause the game to save or exit, the world would go black and I'd be unable to do anything else.

I'm kinda desperate to find the issue and fix it.

Back to top Go down

Game is unplaying  Empty Re: Game is unplaying

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 04 Jan 2017, 16:34

TurtlerCool wrote:First off, I want to clarify it is NOT the mods I have in my game. I've tried without them and the same issues occure.
So onto the actual issue now.

It started as my CAS messing up. The aspirations and traits tabs would either freeze in place or I just wouldn't be able to change them.
When I clicked on the phone, just the bottom of it would just be seeable on the top of the screen.
The it got worse.
When I paused the game and selected 'options' nothing would be in there. Nothing would show at all.
Then if I loaded into a household and tried to pause the game to save or exit, the world would go black and I'd be unable to do anything else.

I'm kinda desperate to find the issue and fix it.

Hello @TurtlerCool,

Just to be sure: if you downloaded/installed the G4TW Sims 4 releases, you installed them in the correct order? Base game -> Get to Work -> Get together -> City Living? See this here too:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jan 2017, 16:42

Yes, I installed them all in the correct order.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 04 Jan 2017, 16:49

TurtlerCool wrote:Yes, I installed them all in the correct order.

Did you use the program WinRAR for extracting the contents of the .rar downloads? Does the error happen with a specific .exe file/have you tried running both the TS4_x64.exe and the TS4.exe?

Have you tried running the game as Administrator too (right-click -> run as Administrator)?

If you're playing on a laptop, it's maybe worth a try looking for the option "laptop mode" under your graphics submenu, in the game options. Tick the box and apply the changes. Then play on. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top