Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having a problem downloading torrents.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Having a problem downloading torrents. Empty Having a problem downloading torrents.

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jan 2017, 06:43

I had utorrent and when that wasn't working I downloaded bit torrent but neither are working...

I've tried two different torrents but it gets stuck saying connecting to peers and won't do anything else.

When I installed them both I made sure it was checked to make an exception in windows firewall. I don't know what else to do.

Back to top Go down

Having a problem downloading torrents. Empty Re: Having a problem downloading torrents.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 03 Jan 2017, 09:49

Hello,

Sometimes you need to activate the torrent as well as the torrent file. I've experienced this a couple of times myself.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Having a problem downloading torrents. Empty Re: Having a problem downloading torrents.

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jan 2017, 18:09

Not sure what you mean. Both Torrents have been G4TW (that haven't worked)...I tried a Torrent from Bittorrent and it worked. Not sure what the difference is.

Having a problem downloading torrents. Tracke10

Just seen this on the trackers list. How can I fix this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jan 2017, 18:52

Click on Peers and see if there are any.
No peers, no download

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 03 Jan 2017, 19:43

Take the downloadspage on our website as an example:

Having a problem downloading torrents. Image212

The first arrow points to the torrentfile. If you click that blue icon, you will download a small file that, when you click it, will be loaded into your torrent client. After you've done that, click the magnet icon to -you've guessed it Wink- activate the magnetlink. You will get a notification that the torrent has already been loaded into your client, and if you wish to load the trackers. Select "yes".
I've had to do that for a few torrents myself. And it worked. Now, if you're connected, but there are no seeds, we can reseed it for you.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jan 2017, 22:13

Yes I've done that Edin and it still didn't work.

Yes there were no peers either.

It's for The Sims 4: City Living

The Trackers picture I linked above said "Connection Timed Out" What does this mean?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 04 Jan 2017, 04:23

Summerbear5 wrote:The Trackers picture I linked above said "Connection Timed Out" What does this mean?

The primary purpose of these "trackers" nowadays is that they transmit information about the number of seeds/peers. The numbers you see on TPB about seeds/peers may not be entirely accurate, but it comes from these trackers.

In general, with torrents nowadays you connect (through DHT) "directly" to other people who have the download file(s). In case you haven't done so yet, check the post here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11496-how-to-speed-up-fix-utorrent-downloads-guide

Edit: last time I checked (a few days ago), that torrent had over 1,000 seeders...also make sure to do research on your router model on how to open ports. After you configured a port in your router, you have to set the same port, in the µTorrent options.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jan 2017, 19:34

It's probably my router then.

EDIT: Setup a static IP, did my port forward and still no go. DHT Stays saying "waiting for announce"

EDIT 2: All fixed, even though I had a static IP and port forward there is a built in firewall in the router on medium security. Turned it to low and I'm all up and running again. Stupid router!!! *shakes fist*

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 05 Jan 2017, 16:26

Summerbear5 wrote:It's probably my router then.

EDIT: Setup a static IP, did my port forward and still no go. DHT Stays saying "waiting for announce"

EDIT 2: All fixed, even though I had a static IP and port forward there is a built in firewall in the router on medium security. Turned it to low and I'm all up and running again. Stupid router!!! *shakes fist*

Sorry for the late reply,

In theory the actual port number shouldn't matter that much. Open a port in your router, set the same port in your µTorrent settings, and off you go! Indeed, sometimes it can happen as well that your router has a built-in firewall, and you have to tamper with the settings. I had it myself, and I turned off the firewall completely to make torrenting work again.

Another tip: if you get problems like that again, open another port in your router, and match the µTorrent settings with the new port as well. Sometimes ports get blocked...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top