Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DMCA problem involving G4TW TS4 torrents (100% positive)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DMCA problem involving G4TW TS4 torrents (100% positive) Empty DMCA problem involving G4TW TS4 torrents (100% positive)

Post by Guest Sun 06 Nov 2016, 16:03

I:

Reset Windows 8.1 with the function under settings that allows you to keep you files.

Re-installed the sims 4.

Opened the sims 4 and I had 2 types of texture errors one with red and white checkers and question marks all over sims bodies in CAS and another with pink and blue gradients with question marks all over build objects like my columns in my house.

Think this was because after re-installing that I forgot to immediately uninstall the bloatware virus scanner "mc afee" and it quarantined and corrupted the game files in that process.

Decided to re-download all the Sims 4 G4TW torrents at once. Been seeding for a couple days since because I wanted to help with that again and was full of happy feels since the re-download worked and my issue was solved with all texture glitches..

Was hit with a DMCA (copyright) notice (nothing else downloaded at all in months, so I am 100% positive that your Sims 4 torrents are being watched).

Am sad now, not only for me but everyone else who may get these notices.  Why God.

Back to top Go down

DMCA problem involving G4TW TS4 torrents (100% positive) Empty Re: DMCA problem involving G4TW TS4 torrents (100% positive)

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 06 Nov 2016, 16:40

jp4u wrote:I:

Reset Windows 8.1 with the function under settings that allows you to keep you files.

Re-installed the sims 4.

Opened the sims 4 and I had 2 types of texture errors one with red and white checkers and question marks all over sims bodies in CAS and another with pink and blue gradients with question marks all over build objects like my columns in my house.

Think this was because after re-installing that I forgot to immediately uninstall the bloatware virus scanner "mc afee" and it quarantined and corrupted the game files in that process.

Decided to re-download all the Sims 4 G4TW torrents at once. Been seeding for a couple days since because I wanted to help with that again and was full of happy feels since the re-download worked and my issue was solved with all texture glitches..

Was hit with a DMCA (copyright) notice (nothing else downloaded at all in months, so I am 100% positive that your Sims 4 torrents are being watched).

Am sad now, not only for me but everyone else who may get these notices.  Why God.

Hello and welcome to the Forum @jp4u,

Sorry to hear about these difficulties. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  A couple of other users have reported similar issues earlier. Due to the nature of what we do on here, there are quite a lot of people who are not fond of us. This 'torrent monitoring' is one symptom; other symptoms are personal threat e-mails against team members of G4TW, complaints to the Forum host here, and also the usual stuff such as the reporting of download links and subsequent detection of our cracked games as 'malicious', by anti-virus software.

These warning e-mails/letters tend to be created automatically, and legal prosecutions are rare. Allegedly, there have been cases where the ISP cancelled the internet contract with users who pirated stuff, but I don't know how common this is. Does the letter/e-mail specifically mention what you downloaded? If it doesn't mention anything, it could be fake.

If you are really desperate, you could continue downloading these items. But in the long run, try doing research about your ISP and also see about your possibilities of switching to another ISP. There is also a good thread about VPN services here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19329-free-vpn-that-s-reliable-and-doesn-t-require-proprietary-software

But you will need to pay fo these VPN services. Another temporary possibility could be that you ask a relative or friend (who you know also pirates stuff) to download these items for you.

About the original problem, did you use WinRAR for extracting? Because the texture problems are often an indicator that an unsuitable extraction program was used. ALWAYS use WinRAR when extracting G4TW items! 

And yes, we did discuss the possibility of providing these games in a direct download, but if we post these links in public, they will be taken down real quick I'm afraid. Torrents, on the other hand, can't be "taken down" in a classic way. As long as there is at least one person seeding/uploading the item(s), the torrent will stay alive.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top