Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help with replacement of ultimate fix files on external hard drive install. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need help with replacement of ultimate fix files on external hard drive install. [SOLVED] Empty Need help with replacement of ultimate fix files on external hard drive install. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jan 2017, 08:39

Hello!

So, like the topic title says, I need help with where the files are located because I chose to install on a different drive

My game is installed - just like in your example https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19680-a-note-on-installing-the-sims-3-on-external-drives 

This PC/ New Volume (I:)/ The Sims 3... etc. etc

Soooo ... where  are the bin files I need to replace with the Ultimate Fix crack files, now located? 

Normally, they are here -  C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

~  Dida

Back to top Go down

Need help with replacement of ultimate fix files on external hard drive install. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Need help with replacement of ultimate fix files on external hard drive install. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 07 Jan 2017, 09:27

Dida wrote:Hello!

So, like the topic title says, I need help with where the files are located because I chose to install on a different drive

My game is installed - just like in your example https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19680-a-note-on-installing-the-sims-3-on-external-drives 

This PC/ New Volume (I:)/ The Sims 3... etc. etc

Soooo ... where  are the bin files I need to replace with the Ultimate Fix crack files, now located? 

Normally, they are here -  C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

~  Dida

Hello again,

The files are located wherever you installed your base game to. Normally that folder is just named "The Sims 3", in contrast to the other expansions. See my example here:

Need help with replacement of ultimate fix files on external hard drive install. [SOLVED] 226cb89ffcb04768babb4c8ce8430c72

The folder named "The Sims 3" in that picture is for my own base game of The Sims 3. If you install the game on another drive and create custom install folders, you have to keep track of your folder names. Smile  I think I suggested in that guide, that people should name the folder "The Sims 3 - Base game", for clear recognition.

And yes, inside the base folder, go under Game\Bin and replace the two files.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Need help with replacement of ultimate fix files on external hard drive install. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Need help with replacement of ultimate fix files on external hard drive install. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jan 2017, 10:59

Rightclick on the shortcut for the Sims 3 on your desktop.
Select Properties
Then look in the small window and you'll see the complete path to your Bin folder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jan 2017, 01:36

Okay - so far following the steps - but in Ultimate Fix step 10, where do I put those files?

-----
*Also, for custom content - where do I create the Mods folder, and where do Package Files get put?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 08 Jan 2017, 10:05

Hello,

If you've already updated the game, all that is left for you to do is to place the crack. Those files go in your installation directory in the base game\bin.

As for your question about the mods folder, we have a handy guide right here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jan 2017, 06:57

Okay  -  thank you for all the help! 

The game is installed, cracked and WORKING!!

I'm still kind of confused about the custom content though - I double clicked a Sims 3 Pack file, and it installed fine.
Do I need to download that Mods folder zip from MTS to place the package files in game though?  Or can I just make a new folder called Mods?

Also - from what I'm seeing, the path to the package file is C:/Users/Owner/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads - is This correct?  
What I'm wondering is, can the custom content be installed on my other drive instead?  
My SSD has no where near the amount of space that my I: drive has on it.. so I'm just wondering if CC MUST go in a folder to the path I said above or if it can be different?

//EDIT

Actually - I'm GOOD!!  I figured out where the content has to go - my confusion was because the file location is a bit different  in Windows 10  - for those that don't know your mods folder goes in 
c:/ users / owner/ documents / Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3  (without the spaces)

Thanks to everyone that helped - I have a nice fully operational Sims 3 game with CC too!  

Much appreciated!    You may close the thread if you wish Need help with replacement of ultimate fix files on external hard drive install. [SOLVED] Icon_smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 10 Jan 2017, 17:16

Dida wrote:Okay  -  thank you for all the help! 

The game is installed, cracked and WORKING!!

I'm still kind of confused about the custom content though - I double clicked a Sims 3 Pack file, and it installed fine.
Do I need to download that Mods folder zip from MTS to place the package files in game though?  Or can I just make a new folder called Mods?

Also - from what I'm seeing, the path to the package file is C:/Users/Owner/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads - is This correct?  
What I'm wondering is, can the custom content be installed on my other drive instead?  
My SSD has no where near the amount of space that my I: drive has on it.. so I'm just wondering if CC MUST go in a folder to the path I said above or if it can be different?

//EDIT

Actually - I'm GOOD!!  I figured out where the content has to go - my confusion was because the file location is a bit different  in Windows 10  - for those that don't know your mods folder goes in 
c:/ users / owner/ documents / Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3  (without the spaces)

Thanks to everyone that helped - I have a nice fully operational Sims 3 game with CC too!  

Much appreciated!    You may close the thread if you wish Need help with replacement of ultimate fix files on external hard drive install. [SOLVED] Icon_smile

I vaguely recall an option in Windows, where you could move the entire "Documents"-folder to a different place. Note, the ENTIRE "Documents", and not just the folder for The Sims games. If you right-click on the folder and choose "Properties" -> Location.

Need help with replacement of ultimate fix files on external hard drive install. [SOLVED] F1b464031a88402c9257bdbcb0d23455

There is a "move"-button. I personally keep everything under Documents, but of course, if you have a small SSD drive, then it may be indeed worth thinking about moving that thing elsewhere. 

You can also re-direct individual folders within that Documents-folder. See this here for example (but there are also third-party tools that can help with that; google for them). 
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17437-redirecting-the-username-folder-the-sims-3-to-a-different-location

Other than that, have fun with the game and feel free to open a new topic if you need more help or advice. Until then, have fun! Very Happy  Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top