Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Works Fine But NO EPs Show Up !

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Works Fine But NO EPs Show Up ! Empty Sims 4 Works Fine But NO EPs Show Up !

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jan 2017, 13:44

I have bought the Sims 4 and have been playing without any additional packs. My game version is 1.25.136.1020 and I am running Windows 10.

I downloaded Get To Work, Get Together & City Living and followed the installation instructions. I had previously pinned TS4 to the taskbar & used that to open the game. Game worked perfectly except there is no new content whatsoever.

I then tried to start the game from C:/Program Files(x86)/The Sims 4/Game/Bin/TS4 & there is a blank white page with an error pop up "The Sims 4 Has Stopped Working".

I don't have any virus scanners & have put that folder into exclusions for Windows Defender. I have tried moving the whole Sims folder to D drive & starting from there but the same error occurs. Origin was closed fully & I even disconnected from internet.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Works Fine But NO EPs Show Up ! Empty Re: Sims 4 Works Fine But NO EPs Show Up !

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jan 2017, 15:35

When you have played the game via Origin, you are updated to 1.25.
When you - after downloading and installing Get to Work, Get Together, Dine Out and City Living - via Origin again, Origin will disable all these pirated EP's.
So once you have installed pirated games, never ever update or play via Origin.

The only exception is when you keep the 2 versions (legal and illegal) IN 2 different folders, 1 in Origin Games and the other in Program Files(x86)\The Sims 4.
Also you must then download the pirated base game and on top all the EP's.
You are now trying to start the game without a base game.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Works Fine But NO EPs Show Up ! Empty Re: Sims 4 Works Fine But NO EPs Show Up !

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jan 2017, 02:10

Thanks for the reply, but as I said I did NOT connect to Origin AT ALL after installing. I BOUGHT the base game so I do have it, but would that affect the pirated EPs from working?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jan 2017, 11:35

PrinceKya wrote:Thanks for the reply, but as I said I did NOT connect to Origin AT ALL after installing. I BOUGHT the base game so I do have it, but would that affect the pirated EPs from working?
Yes, as soon as you go to Origin, Origin will attempt to make all pirated DLC's unplayable.
You'll end up with just the games you've bought.

If you bought the base game and played it, your version will be 1.26 (incl. toddlers).
When you install the pirated DLC you will go back to version 1.25 (no toddlers) and when you try to play the game you'll get an error message about latest version and updating via Origin.
In that case delete the file GameVersion in Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jan 2017, 03:11

Thanks for replying Tarac. I actually tried installing G4TW expansion packs a day BEFORE the Toddlers Update.

Is it possible to have both the authentic game & a pirated game working on one computer?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jan 2017, 11:21

PrinceKya wrote:Thanks for replying Tarac. I actually tried installing G4TW expansion packs a day BEFORE the Toddlers Update.

Is it possible to have both the authentic game & a pirated game working on one computer?
Yes you can as long as both versions are not on the same location on your computer and the G4TW files are not under a folder Origin Games or Electronic Arts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top