Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 stopped working after I installed Ultimate Fix! [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 stopped working after I installed Ultimate Fix! [CLOSED] Empty The Sims 4 stopped working after I installed Ultimate Fix! [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Tue 06 Oct 2015, 15:04

Hi Smile
After I installed Ultimate Fix to update my game.
The Sims 4 has stuck on loading screen until I think it's too long then I press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open Task Manager
After that I realized the game was not responding WhatDidUJustCallMe? till I choose end the game.
(It not responding since I use Ultimate Fix)

I can't play game!

The Sims 4 stopped working after I installed Ultimate Fix! [CLOSED] CELX5gxWgAAd5v9

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 stopped working after I installed Ultimate Fix! [CLOSED] Empty Re: The Sims 4 stopped working after I installed Ultimate Fix! [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Thu 08 Oct 2015, 14:37

it's not only me that have this problem i hope they replay soon

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 stopped working after I installed Ultimate Fix! [CLOSED] Empty Re: The Sims 4 stopped working after I installed Ultimate Fix! [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Fri 09 Oct 2015, 05:28

Try to redownload the ultimate fix, that's normally what they tell you to do first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Oct 2015, 16:21

I have the same problem, i re-downloaded the ultimate fix and re-installed the game. And the problem persists.
When i open the game, it doesn't load, it gets stuck on the image that miusicc uploaded.
I tryed without costum content.
The problem is the ultimate fix, because the game works fine without it.
And when i install the fix, the it won't start.

I hope you guys can solve it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Oct 2015, 20:10

Exact same problem here! Thanks for the ultimate fix, but we really want to play! Please help. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Oct 2015, 19:03

It's the same for me. I've got only the base game installed. Redownloading and reapplying the Ultimate Fix did not resolve the issue. I followed the instruction closely and even tried disabling my AV and firewall software - to no avail.
It's worth noting though that the game does work the first time I run it. It also does work after deleting files the game creates in the Documents folder. This means that I can only run the game once and most of the settings stay on low, because their change requires a game restart. The game also fails to run the second time if I just start it and exit from the main menu, without performing any changes in the Options menu.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

// EDIT
After a bit of trial and error I've found a workaround. Open up your The Sims 4 folder (mine is "C:\Users\Raccoon\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4") and delete the "ReticulatedSplinesView" file. Then, create an empty file (for example by doing File > New > Text Document) and name it "ReticulatedSplinesView". Note that this file has no ".txt" in its name. Google "show file name extensions" if you're not sure if your file has no extension. Having created the file, right-click it and choose Properties. There, change it's Read-only atribute to true (by ticking appropriate checkbox) and apply the changes.
The above workaround results in the game displaying a lot of “New items are available in game” screens in the main menu on each run. You can dismiss them all by pressing Esc.
Please tell me if my workaround fixed your problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Oct 2015, 18:35

raccoon wrote:It's the same for me. I've got only the base game installed. Redownloading and reapplying the Ultimate Fix did not resolve the issue. I followed the instruction closely and even tried disabling my AV and firewall software - to no avail.
It's worth noting though that the game does work the first time I run it. It also does work after deleting files the game creates in the Documents folder. This means that I can only run the game once and most of the settings stay on low, because their change requires a game restart. The game also fails to run the second time if I just start it and exit from the main menu, without performing any changes in the Options menu.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

// EDIT
After a bit of trial and error I've found a workaround. Open up your The Sims 4 folder (mine is "C:\Users\Raccoon\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4") and delete the "ReticulatedSplinesView" file. Then, create an empty file (for example by doing File > New > Text Document) and name it "ReticulatedSplinesView". Note that this file has no ".txt" in its name. Google "show file name extensions" if you're not sure if your file has no extension. Having created the file, right-click it and choose Properties. There, change it's Read-only atribute to true (by ticking appropriate checkbox) and apply the changes.
The above workaround results in the game displaying a lot of “New items are available in game” screens in the main menu on each run. You can dismiss them all by pressing Esc.
Please tell me if my workaround fixed your problems.
unfortunatly doesn't work for me Sad

When i open (even for the first time), it either gets stuck on the image miusicc posted or it loads but that image is in front of the screen, like this:

The Sims 4 stopped working after I installed Ultimate Fix! [CLOSED] Sims

i have to close the game with task manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Oct 2015, 19:59

venusprincess100! Doing this fixed it for me:
1. Re-install Sims 4
2. Install the "get to work" expansion.
3. Apply the ultimate fix.

It worked for me!

It might be that the ultimate fix requires you to have that particular expansion installed to your game. If you don't have it, get it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Oct 2015, 14:09

that doesn't work for me either Sad
i unistalled everything, re installed the base game-->get to work-->ultimate fix
and the problem is still the same
i even download everything again, just in case it was corrupted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Oct 2015, 18:31

Hi! Did you try moving the Sims 4 folder out from the from the original installation path. Usually the problem is because of that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Oct 2015, 17:43

Ageha wrote:Hi! Did you try moving the Sims 4 folder out from the from the original installation path. Usually the problem is because of that

Yes, i followed the instructions on the ultimate fix pdf.
It's in this path C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Oct 2015, 17:52

Since there's no origin error message, we can assume there's no missing files from the ultimate fix. 

Did you install Get To Work as well? If you did, does it work with only base game + GTW installed? Also, have you tried opening it windowed mode? Sometimes games won't open properly in fullscreen mode. And try moving the Sims 4 folder in the Documents to somewhere else, desktop perhaps, and try to run the game again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Oct 2015, 19:32

with just the base game installed: game opens and works fine, but lots of CC doesn't show

with base + fix: game freezes before menu and doesn't start, or game crashes

with base + get to work: game opens and works fine, but lots of CC doesn't show

with base game + get to work + fix: the game opens, shows a pop-up saying "welcome to Outdoor Retreat", i close the pop-up or press esc button; then shows a pop up saying "welcome to get to work", and everytime i close that pop up, or press esc, the game crashes.

I already tried deleting the sims 4 folder in documents, and the problem persists.
I can't set the game to window mode, because i can't even open the options menu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Oct 2015, 19:54

Have you tried running the game without any mod installed? Also i found a thread which might help, although it's for Win10, but the crashing problem is the same.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21036-sims-4-crashing-since-updated-to-windows-10

You can open in windowed mode by right-clicking the TS4.exe on desktop and choose properties. It should be under the main tab that open where you see the path file and so on. I forgot the name but here should be an option to change "Normal mode" "minimized" or "maximized" .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Dec 2015, 07:25

It's still not working for me.

Where are the moderators and admins on this issue?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 05 Jan 2016, 21:48

miusicc wrote:Hi Smile
After I installed Ultimate Fix to update my game.
The Sims 4 has stuck on loading screen until I think it's too long then I press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open Task Manager
After that I realized the game was not responding WhatDidUJustCallMe? till I choose end the game.
(It not responding since I use Ultimate Fix)

I can't play game!

The Sims 4 stopped working after I installed Ultimate Fix! [CLOSED] CELX5gxWgAAd5v9

Hello and welcome to the forum,  

Sorry for the very late reply, but I just started replying to posts very recently again, after a long absence from the forum. Are you still having the issue ?

I would also uninstall your Sims 4 games and try re-installing them, in the following order: Sims 4 base game -> Get to Work -> Get together

Another thing, I would check your mods and custom content for Sims 4, if you got any of these items. Remove them all for the time being and see what happens in-game. Smile  Good luck !

berns.mp4 wrote:It's still not working for me.

Where are the moderators and admins on this issue?

Welcome to you too,

See my above reply. Smile  Also note that according to the forum rules which showed up when you registered on this forum (please re-read rule 1 here), you are allowed to contact one of the Moderators via private messaging, if your question has been "overlooked", after 24 hours. 

Sometimes we overlook or miss out on things, so you'll have to excuse us in this matter, sometimes at least. Smile  Also note that the "Admins" (users with a red username color) do not regularly or normally reply to the daily help requests here, and are more responsible for the administrative backend, of maintaining forum operations.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 stopped working after I installed Ultimate Fix! [CLOSED] Empty Provisory Solution thats works fine for me (but with some conditions - but i accept without problems).

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jun 2016, 20:39

Hey, man, hope i can help you (and others)! I was with the same problem! But i found a provisory solution, first of all: I installed base game and de GTW and Get Togheter, and then, i applied de Ultimate Fix. And here the provisory solution: I have removed all the expansions from the The Sims 4 folder (see the pics), and i have to deleted the "ReticulatedSplinesView" from the The Sims 4 folder located in the Electronic Arts folder on Documents folder all the time before i be able to open the game and play (so, when i stop playing - closes the game - the file appears again in the folder, and i have to delete all the time after playing). Another important think - about the CC's: I have too many CC's (see the screeshot), but two CC's crashes the game! I'll show them (i remove these two CC's and WHOLA, Playing with my another CC's and having fun without crashes!). Sorry if i have a bad english, 'cause i'm Brazilliam!

IMPORTANT NOTE: You can't returm to the menu after in CAS or Story mode (in other words, you go to the menu after loading the game when it's open, but, in the menu, you have to choose to go to CAS (or load game) or another thing, but, after that, you can't return to the menu, you have to close the game - save before, obviously - and then, delete again the file, and open the game again - if you want the menu again)!
NOTE: Ops, i have deleted the two CC's, so i don't remember it's names.
NOTE: Sorry for the portuguese screenshots!
NOTE: You may create a batch file to execute automaticaly the game after deleting (automaticaly) the file.

The script for creating the batch file (note that you can change the paths below if it was different on you computer):

del "C:\Users\YourComputerNameHere\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ReticulatedSplinesView*"
Start ""  "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4_x64.exe"

Here my CC's that don't crashes/freezes the game.
The Sims 4 stopped working after I installed Ultimate Fix! [CLOSED] My_ts410

MY THE SIMS 4 Folder in Program Files
The Sims 4 stopped working after I installed Ultimate Fix! [CLOSED] Ts4_fo10

AND THE EXPANSIONS THAT I REMOVED from the TS4 folder above.
The Sims 4 stopped working after I installed Ultimate Fix! [CLOSED] Ts4_mo10

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 17 Jun 2016, 07:26

maverickkf wrote:Hey, man, hope i can help you (and others)! I was with the same problem! But i found a provisory solution, first of all: I installed base game and de GTW and Get Togheter, and then, i applied de Ultimate Fix. And here the provisory solution: I have removed all the expansions from the The Sims 4 folder (see the pics), and i have to deleted the "ReticulatedSplinesView" from the The Sims 4 folder located in the Electronic Arts folder on Documents folder all the time before i be able to open the game and play (so, when i stop playing - closes the game - the file appears again in the folder, and i have to delete all the time after playing). Another important think - about the CC's: I have too many CC's (see the screeshot), but two CC's crashes the game! I'll show them (i remove these two CC's and WHOLA, Playing with my another CC's and having fun without crashes!). Sorry if i have a bad english, 'cause i'm Brazilliam!

IMPORTANT NOTE: You can't returm to the menu after in CAS or Story mode (in other words, you go to the menu after loading the game when it's open, but, in the menu, you have to choose to go to CAS (or load game) or another thing, but, after that, you can't return to the menu, you have to close the game - save before, obviously - and then, delete again the file, and open the game again - if you want the menu again)!
NOTE: Ops, i have deleted the two CC's, so i don't remember it's names.
NOTE: Sorry for the portuguese screenshots!
NOTE: You may create a batch file to execute automaticaly the game after deleting (automaticaly) the file.

The script for creating the batch file (note that you can change the paths below if it was different on you computer):

del "C:\Users\YourComputerNameHere\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ReticulatedSplinesView*"
Start ""  "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4_x64.exe"

Here my CC's that don't crashes/freezes the game.

(...)

Welcome to the forum and sorry for the late reply @maverickkf,

The solutions looks interesting, though I would not recommend deleting anything from the Sims 4 installation folder. Unless smaller cache files, for specific bugs. But you shouldn't remove actual DLC folders.

Also, if you have general tips or suggestions to share, feel free to post them in The Sims 4 chit-chat. The topic creator here hasn't given final feedback, and is not likely going to return to this post here, after such a long time.

I will also close this thread now. Smile  If anybody reading this thread encounters the same issue(s), please open a new topic.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top