Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin-basegame with cracked DLC?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin-basegame with cracked DLC? Empty Origin-basegame with cracked DLC?

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jan 2017, 22:11

Hello! I have my basegame from Origin and i wonder if i can use cracked dlc's with it? I have searched around here, but haven't got it right so thats why i am asking. I still want to use the gallery with the base game and all of the updates, like the toddlers. Is there a chance for this to work? And if so, how do i get all the others than Get to work, Get together and City living?

Back to top Go down

Origin-basegame with cracked DLC? Empty Re: Origin-basegame with cracked DLC?

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jan 2017, 22:31

Most probably your basegame from origin is installed in:
C:\Program Files (x86) \ Origin Games \ The Sims 4.
Ok, that's perfect. Use that game to access the gallery and play with toddlers

Now install the pirated games in a different folder according to the instructions of G4TW
1. Base game
2. Get to Work
3. Get Together
4. Dine Out
5. City Living

The official, origin, and the downloaded games will now share the same folder in:
C:\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.
Only problem is that the Origin game is version 1.26 and the G4TW game is version 1.25.
Every time you switch playing from original to G4TW you will get an errormessage about version and updating via Origin.

Solution: Go to the folder where the Origin game is installed (C;|Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin and copy the file Default to the folder where you installed the G4TW games. Again of course in the subfolders Game\ Bin
Now both versions seem to be equal. You have to repeat this procedure everytime after a new update (version) by Origin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jan 2017, 22:38

Tarac wrote:Most probably your basegame from origin is installed in:
C:\Program Files (x86) \ Origin Games \ The Sims 4.
Ok, that's perfect. Use that game to access the gallery and play with toddlers

Now install the pirated games in a different folder according to the instructions of G4TW
1. Base game
2. Get to Work
3. Get Together
4. Dine Out
5. City Living

The official, origin, and the downloaded games will now share the same folder in:
C:\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.
Only problem is that the Origin game is version 1.26 and the G4TW game is version 1.25.
Every time you switch playing from original to G4TW you will get an errormessage about version and updating via Origin.

Solution: Go to the folder where the Origin game is installed (C;|Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin and copy the file Default to the folder where you installed the G4TW games. Again of course in the subfolders Game\ Bin
Now both versions are equal. You have to repeat this proceduire everytime after a new update (version) by Origin.
Thank you! So which one should i play on then? The G4TW version?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jan 2017, 22:42

That is up to you.
In the Origin version you'll only have the base game.
In the G4TW version you'll have everything, but no toddlers

When you want to access the Gallery and/or want to have toddlers, play the Origin version
When you want the additional benefits of Get to Work / Together/ Dine Out / City Limits, play the G4TW version

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jan 2017, 22:53

Okay so there is actually no way to play with the both of them at the same time? Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jan 2017, 10:46

Josefiingren wrote:Okay so there is actually no way to play with the both of them at the same time? Sad
In theory it must be possible when you have 2 monitors hooked up on 1 computer.
In that case I suggest you play in 2 different languages. Each language has its own folder in Documents - Electronic Arts.
I fear that playing both versions at the same time when sharing the same folder in Documents will surely create problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jan 2017, 11:08

I mean, you can't put the cracked DLC's on the Original version? There is no way that it would work?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jan 2017, 13:39

Josefiingren wrote:I mean, you can't put the cracked DLC's on the Original version? There is no way that it would work?
Yes, you can but in that case: No Toddlers as you are back to version 1.25

To give you an example:
1. I have both the legal and the pirated games in 2 different folders on my computer.
2. In the legal game I created a toddler and saved the game.
3. Both versions, legal and downloaded,  share the same folder in Documents for the game progression.
4. Opened the downloaded version and the toddler was nowhere to find. As soon as I save the game now, the toddler is also removed from the legal game.

When I tried to play the downloaded version an error pops up stating that some items from CAS could not be loaded  (in my case, the toddler)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 14 Jan 2017, 17:42

Josefiingren wrote:Okay so there is actually no way to play with the both of them at the same time? Sad

Hello and welcome to the Forum @Josefiingren,

That is a very unusual request for sure. May I ask why exactly you would want to play with two "different" The Sims 4 games simultaneously? I mean, I get the part about "fun" and whatnot, but from a more practical standpoint I would not recommend that.

The other thing is, let's say you play one of the games in Swedish. I don't know if the folder under Documents\Electronic Arts has a different name in the Swedish version. If you change the language in TS4, some languages still have their folder names under Documents as "The Sims 4". I think Czech for example does have the name as "The Sims 4", and so does Italian. I think Spanish has "Los Sims 4" as the folder name, and that one could work theoretically (?!).

Nevetheless, the real problem is if the two game versions use the exact same folder location/name under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. It's a bit difficult to explain, but it would just lead to lots of game conflicts.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jan 2017, 20:39

I just want to install for example City Living, a sims game that i don't own, with my purschased Sims 4 game. I don't have the money to buy all Sims 4 expansions, so i was hust wondering if i could install expansions from G4TW without having to install G4TW's Sims 4.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 14 Jan 2017, 21:00

Josefiingren wrote:I just want to install for example City Living, a sims game that i don't own, with my purschased Sims 4 game. I don't have the money to buy all Sims 4 expansions, so i was hust wondering if i could install expansions from G4TW without having to install G4TW's Sims 4.

Ah, you are probably talking of just INSTALLING a legit game + a pirated game, then? Yes, that is doable, but you have to keep a few things in mind.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

This guide here partly deals with legit + cracked games, and the general installation procedure. The other thing to keep in mind is, how do you want to handle the folder "The Sims 4" under Documents\Electronic Arts ? You have to be disciplined and keep track of them, if you decide to rename them every time before starting the "opposite" game. So, if you have a folder "The Sims 4" and you last played the cracked game, you need to rename that folder before starting the Origin game. And then you have to do it the other way round, if you switch back again from the Origin game to the pirated one.

It sounds complicated, and I actually wanted to write a guide about this folder-renaming, soon.

The other alternatives to the folder renaming can be found here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t24078-how-to-bypass-folder-switching-between-a-legit-and-cracked-sims-4
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t23235-sims-4-downloaded-and-original-use-of-gallery

I personally don't recommend those methods, but in certain situations they can still be an option. Ultimately you have to decide what is easiest for you.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top