Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to add cracked expansions to Origin game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to add cracked expansions to Origin game? Empty How to add cracked expansions to Origin game?

Post by Guest Mon 20 Apr 2020, 16:39

Hi. New to this. I have the Sims 4 Origin game with Perfect Patio and Holiday Celebration Pack.

I would like to add a couple of cracked Expansion Packs (like Cats and Dogs and Island Living, for example). 
Can I add them to my Origin game? And how? I've read a couple of posts around regarding this but I'm still not sure how to do it.

I used to do this with Sims 3 but I understand it is a very different deal with TS4.

Back to top Go down

How to add cracked expansions to Origin game? Empty Re: How to add cracked expansions to Origin game?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 20 Apr 2020, 16:53

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @giales,

There are different ways to go about it. My personal recommendation is that you have your Origin game and the cracked Sims 4 game in two separate filepaths, independent of each other. 

You cannot add cracked stuff to your Origin TS4, like with TS3. Because if you do, you cannot access the online portion (Gallery) anymore. It is technically possible to have different "Game"-subfolders for each version of the game (Game_Origin, Game_cracked, etc), but I don't recommend going down that path unless you know what you're doing.

Now. You can either re-download a cracked basegame somewhere. Or you just go under your C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games location. Copy the folder "The Sims 4", and paste it somewhere (else). For example under C:\Program Files. Which is where my own cracked TS4 is located.

So you copy-pasted that folder. Go inside and DELETE the subfolder "Game". And once you did that, well, you don't need to re-download a cracked basegame anymore! From there, you can familiarize yourself with this here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35810-the-sims-4-all-in-one-global-patch-selectable-dlcs-version-1-62-67-1020-tiny-living-stuff

And again: you can ignore the step with downloading "The Sims 4 - Basegame [FIXED]", and proceed directly with the Global Patch + DLC-toggler + any DLCs at your leisure.

Good luck for now!

BIG elephant
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

How to add cracked expansions to Origin game? Empty Re: How to add cracked expansions to Origin game?

Post by Guest Mon 20 Apr 2020, 23:07

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @giales,

There are different ways to go about it. My personal recommendation is that you have your Origin game and the cracked Sims 4 game in two separate filepaths, independent of each other. 

You cannot add cracked stuff to your Origin TS4, like with TS3. Because if you do, you cannot access the online portion (Gallery) anymore. It is technically possible to have different "Game"-subfolders for each version of the game (Game_Origin, Game_cracked, etc), but I don't recommend going down that path unless you know what you're doing.

Now. You can either re-download a cracked basegame somewhere. Or you just go under your C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games location. Copy the folder "The Sims 4", and paste it somewhere (else). For example under C:\Program Files. Which is where my own cracked TS4 is located.

So you copy-pasted that folder. Go inside and DELETE the subfolder "Game". And once you did that, well, you don't need to re-download a cracked basegame anymore! From there, you can familiarize yourself with this here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35810-the-sims-4-all-in-one-global-patch-selectable-dlcs-version-1-62-67-1020-tiny-living-stuff

And again: you can ignore the step with downloading "The Sims 4 - Basegame [FIXED]", and proceed directly with the Global Patch + DLC-toggler + any DLCs at your leisure.

Good luck for now!

BIG elephant
Ok.  Just one question: you mean copy/paste the Folder or "Move"?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 20 Apr 2020, 23:12

Yes, I meant to say copy-paste your Origin-folder "The Sims 4", elsewhere. In other words, create a duplicate of the folder, on which you then proceed with applying the Global Patch and the other stuff.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top