Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using a legit coppy of TS4 base game and G4TW expansions and updates [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Using a legit coppy of TS4 base game and G4TW expansions and updates [SOLVED] Empty Using a legit coppy of TS4 base game and G4TW expansions and updates [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 03 Sep 2015, 13:02

Hi! I have a legit coppy of TS4 and I was using the G4TW ultimate fix to update my game and use the expansions and such, with the ultimate "temporary" fix I am unable to run the updated game because it does not launch, looking in this forum I have read that I should change the location of the The sims 4 folder out of ElectronicsArt folder, can I do that with the legit coppy of the game? should I uninstall the legit coppy and install the G4TW one to be able to use the recommended path? can I have two coppies of the game, the legit one only base game related and the one from G4TW updated and expanded at the same time?

Back to top Go down

Using a legit coppy of TS4 base game and G4TW expansions and updates [SOLVED] Empty Re: Using a legit coppy of TS4 base game and G4TW expansions and updates [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 04 Sep 2015, 00:47

I am by no means an expert on any of this but I am also running a legit base copy of the game and using G4TW expansions. I did exactly as it said in the installation guide (moving the Sims 4 folder out of the Electronics Art folder plus all the other steps) and I have no problem running the game. I am however having a separate issue of it crashing during game play but I'm waiting on a response to hopefully find and correct that issue.

Back to top Go down

Using a legit coppy of TS4 base game and G4TW expansions and updates [SOLVED] Empty Re: Using a legit coppy of TS4 base game and G4TW expansions and updates [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 04 Sep 2015, 12:43

Thankyou very much for your answer, I´ll try and do so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Fri 04 Sep 2015, 23:13

Did you get your problem solved? If not, please, take a look in the video below, which show exactly what has to be done. Then, please, let's know if you got your game running properly.

About the game crashes, it's always good to update the graphics drivers and, when necessary, lower the graphic settings in the game a little bit can help a long way.

Happy simming!

Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5

How to Install The Sims 4 with Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spa Day and all DLCs (with torrent link)!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Sep 2015, 23:32

IGJR wrote:Thankyou very much for your answer, I´ll try and do so.

For my own experience... I been doing this the same exact thing as the guide said for like almost a week and nothing work using both legit game that I bought from origin and the one I downloaded from this site..I get the origin error not running, I am using avast premier as my anti virus and there is that window defender that I wasn't sure if running or not but I disabled it anyway...the only different with me disable my window defender is the other option under administrator-somehow this one I cant uncheck the box (its grey) and I am the admin of my computer so I dunno what is wrong..so I google how to disable it permanently so this is what best solution I could get though I am not sure if this will help but I did it anyway, after that when I click my window defender to check if its running. I get a notice says my window defender wont start up not working..something like that...so I thought maybe this way will work...so I did all this process on how to run sims 4 with ultimate fix aftter that and still didn't work...though I have feeling maybe because I didn't check the option in my window defender under administrator..it just a tiny difference from what the guide shows even though it come out with same result deactivate window defender..well maybe it work or not Facepalm but yeah still I got this origin not running error so yeah didn't work..

But today I upgraded to window 10 so did my window defender change slightly...now my window defender look exactly as what Mr architect shows in his guide so I able to follow all step without a little curve of change..Now I can play my sims 4 .So I am not sure if it is my window defender or it is my upgrade to window 10, or both.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Fri 04 Sep 2015, 23:56

It is most likely the anti virus, but we'll never know for sure...

I am happy it works now, so you can have a very happy simming time!!!!

Tea 4 Tea 4

Problem solved, topic closed!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top