Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having the WORST TIME installing The Sims 3.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Having the WORST TIME installing The Sims 3.  Empty Having the WORST TIME installing The Sims 3.

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jan 2017, 06:58

both the manual update and the ultimate fix links sent me to a page tht was to download some sort of downloader, the downloader held no files that i could recieve. thevideo instructor for the ultimate fix was taken down, and i now have viruses on my computer from installing ""open download manager" (which was the ownload that was at the other end of the "ultimate fix" link)

Please help. it took me 4 days to download the 27gb file, and ive spent all day trying to install it, doing it wrong, having to unintall, looking at "these updated instructions" and the "up to date instructions" in the rar file.

im almost in tears. i just want to play this game once my kids are in bed.

Back to top Go down

Having the WORST TIME installing The Sims 3.  Empty Re: Having the WORST TIME installing The Sims 3.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 17 Jan 2017, 08:18

oldmantae wrote:both the manual update and the ultimate fix links sent me to a page tht was to download some sort of downloader, the downloader held no files that i could recieve. thevideo instructor for the ultimate fix was taken down, and i now have viruses on my computer from installing ""open download manager" (which was the ownload that was at the other end of the "ultimate fix" link)

Please help. it took me 4 days to download the 27gb file, and ive spent all day trying to install it, doing it wrong, having to unintall, looking at "these updated instructions" and the "up to date instructions" in the rar file.

im almost in tears. i just want to play this game once my kids are in bed.

//MOVED

Welcome to the Forum @oldmantae and sorry to hear about these troubles,

If you download the "Complete Collection" of The Sims 3 from Games4theworld, there is no need to download anything else. It technically includes already the manual patch and Ultimate fix.

What you do, is to take WinRAR first, and extract all contents of the .rar into an empty folder. You can get WinRAR from Games4theworld as well. Then go to the folder with the extracted contents and install the base game first. Then you apply the file that says "TS3_167_(something).exe". This file is about 1.7GB in filesize, and it will update the base game. This file is located in the #Crack-folder of the download.

Then you proceed with installing the remaining expansions.

When you did all of that, go again inside the #Crack-folder and you will see the TS3W.exe & TSLHost.dll files. These 2 files together make up the 'Ultimate fix'. You must copy an paste them to C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. And replace the existing files when prompted.

There is also an included #Installation guide.txt in the file. And apart from the thing with using WinRAR for extracting the .rar, it should be straightforward. 

If my explanation above did not help you, please try and specify what exactly else you are having difficulties with. Smile

As for the virus you allegedly caught from one of these sites, I apologize for that, although it may sound weak for you. The intention is that you temporarily de-activate the adblocker, and bypass the "adFly" (and NOT click on anything that is actually inside the adFly). Please refer to the informational post here for ome background information about the topic:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t24027-about-forum-links-and-advertising-editorial
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Having the WORST TIME installing The Sims 3.  Empty Re: Having the WORST TIME installing The Sims 3.

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jan 2017, 16:45

you apply it by dragging and dropping it into the game/bin file correct? because a "replace existing file" option did not appear.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 17 Jan 2017, 18:24

oldmantae wrote:you apply it by dragging and dropping it into the game/bin file correct? because a "replace existing file" option did not appear.

Depending on the operating system the popup can say "copy and replace" or "replace files in the destination", but in the end everything boils down to the same.

You can drag/drop or copy/paste. And yes, the correct location is C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jan 2017, 20:25

Hello! I really need some help here! it seems like i cant make a topic so i gotta contact you guys here.. 

But my Sims 3 wont start, it ask for cd key after the launcher. I put the crack in the right direction and all... pls help :C

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 17 Jan 2017, 20:53

LATN wrote:Hello! I really need some help here! it seems like i cant make a topic so i gotta contact you guys here.. 

But my Sims 3 wont start, it ask for cd key after the launcher. I put the crack in the right direction and all... pls help :C

Hello @LATN,

There is a button named "open a new topic", under every subsection on the Forum here. Please click on that button, to open your own topic. Smile  Thanks!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jan 2017, 05:02

So i applied the update by double clicking it. installed everything smoothly, applied the crack! the game works! but after about 25 minutes in create a sim, it crashed. twice. any advice?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 18 Jan 2017, 13:54

oldmantae wrote:So i applied the update by double clicking it. installed everything smoothly, applied the crack! the game works! but after about 25 minutes in create a sim, it crashed. twice. any advice?

At least you got the game running. Very Happy  And yes, unfortunately the game is not very well optimized, but there are still one or two things you could try to alleviate the issues. For example, this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21716-excessive-frame-rendering-in-the-sims-3-updated-on-16-12-2015

Also, is your Windows a 32-bit or 64-bit version?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jan 2017, 19:10

I believe its 64! how can you find out?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jan 2017, 19:13

Open your C drive
If you see Program Files AND Program Files (x86) you have 64 bits, else you have 32.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jan 2017, 21:03

definitely 64 then.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 19 Jan 2017, 13:20

oldmantae wrote:definitely 64 then.

Try the method with vertical synchronization that I linked to above, first. Then, if your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then ownload the "4 GB patch" from here.

After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is a 32-bit version and/or if your computer has fewer  than 4 GB of RAM.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jan 2017, 17:47

how do i find out how much ram my comp has?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 19 Jan 2017, 20:23

If you right-click on "This PC" or "My Computer" and go to "Properties", you will see some basic information on your system. How much RAM you have, is shown there.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jan 2017, 20:28

You can also try: Rightclcick on the Windows logo on your taskbar, click on Run and type in the window msinfo32.
That gives you a better overview of your computer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top