Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manual Patch HELP!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Manual Patch HELP!! Empty Manual Patch HELP!!

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jan 2017, 22:50

Hello everyone! I am currently using the origin version of Sims 3 and have not used Games4theworld since manual patch wasn't needed. Maybe 12 months or so? I'm not sure. Anyway, I saw a earlier forum (made in 2013?) and they had the same problem. The response said to follow the instructions of "How to install Sims 3 correctly" so I downloaded EVERYTHING it said to download. As I have said, I have the origin version of Sims 3 and have not considered using a pirated because of having to burn files (all seemed to complicated for me ('Smile but anyway so I install the manual patch for the Sims game and it takes almost 2 hours. I tried installing it but I get stuck at a error message saying, "The setup had detected no version of Sims 3 installed". I move the manual patch to the Sims folder, thinking it would help but it didn't fix anything. I ran to file as administrator and currently I have version 1.69 currently and if I could do anything to fix this error that would be amazing! If it helps, I was trying to install a expansion pack but got stuck at the manual patch.

Back to top Go down

Manual Patch HELP!! Empty Re: Manual Patch HELP!!

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jan 2017, 23:03

Why try to install patch 1.67 when you have already 1.69 ?
If you want to install expansion packs download them in .iso form as most probably working with cracks will conflict with version 1.69.
Proper .iso downloads will still be regarded by Origin as legal games..

(Sorry, forumrules forbid me to publish outside links to .iso downloads)
So, yes there is a simple solution but my hands are tight

Back to top Go down

Manual Patch HELP!! Empty Launcher has stopped working?

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jan 2017, 23:36

Ok so-
I just installed the ultimate fix and just assumed that I would not have to install the TS3 manual patch because it did not work. I installed Sims 3 seasons, using the Ultimate Fix and the correct overlap "TS3W" and the TSL host or something. If anyone can tell me why the launcher isn't opening that would be amazing!

(Sorry if I posted this on the wrong forum..I'm new to forums and just wanted this to work  Why.)
I also just tried both starting it from "TS3.exe" AND "TS3W.exe" and the TS3W would open the game but would stay black for able 10 seconds and pop up with a error message saying "Sims 3 has stopped working"

if anyone could help me asap that would be amazing Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 21 Jan 2017, 01:44

moybean wrote:Ok so-
I just installed the ultimate fix and just assumed that I would not have to install the TS3 manual patch because it did not work. I installed Sims 3 seasons, using the Ultimate Fix and the correct overlap "TS3W" and the TSL host or something. If anyone can tell me why the launcher isn't opening that would be amazing!

(Sorry if I posted this on the wrong forum..I'm new to forums and just wanted this to work  Why.)
I also just tried both starting it from "TS3.exe" AND "TS3W.exe" and the TS3W would open the game but would stay black for able 10 seconds and pop up with a error message saying "Sims 3 has stopped working"

if anyone could help me asap that would be amazing Smile

//MERGED

Hello and welcome to the Forum @moybean,

I merged your posts. For the future, please stay in the topic you opened for all discussions, unless you are told otherwise by a Moderator. Smile  That said, you could also uninstall your Origin base-game that is on 1.69, and re-boot the computer. 

Then you install Games4theworld's base game of The Sims 3, and then update it with the manual patch.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top