Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transferring Sims 4 and all DLC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Transferring Sims 4 and all DLC Empty Transferring Sims 4 and all DLC

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2017, 00:28

Hi, I'm pretty new and I was wondering if it would be possible to move TS4 and DLC to a different computer via usb flash drive or if I need to re-download on the other pc. Being slightly more specific I mean is it possible for me to move the sims 4.rar to a flash drive and then to another computer. Sorry if I'm rambling I just want to make sure I'm understood  Oh my...

Back to top Go down

Transferring Sims 4 and all DLC Empty Re: Transferring Sims 4 and all DLC

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2017, 02:48

Yes it's entirely possible! I've done it for a friend because she wanted the game and mods, and it was a lot faster for me to transfer everything to a hard drive and then download it for her. 

What I do, is make sure the basegame + DLC's are in a folder on my desktop. Since you have to install each DLC separately, I'd keep them in their own folders in that folder. Make sense? I hope so. 

It's entirely possible to just move the sims4.rar to a hard drive, and then open it on a new PC!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2017, 03:46

hereticgeth wrote:What I do, is make sure the basegame + DLC's are in a folder on my desktop. Since you have to install each DLC separately, I'd keep them in their own folders in that folder. Make sense? I hope so. 

I kinda get what you're saying, but could you be a bit more specific? I've been trying to do this all day and I keep getting some kind of error, and none of the fixes they have on the forums is working, so I probably did something totally wrong.   Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2017, 07:48

You probably did something wrong yeah. You could try to go directly into your program files? Just go to Location (C:) > Program Files > Sims 4, then copy and paste the entire folder into your hard drive. Then once it's there, transfer that folder into your new PC in the exact same location where your new Sims 4 folder is. Try that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2017, 08:43

NeonisSims wrote:Hi, I'm pretty new and I was wondering if it would be possible to move TS4 and DLC to a different computer via usb flash drive or if I need to re-download on the other pc. Being slightly more specific I mean is it possible for me to move the sims 4.rar to a flash drive and then to another computer. Sorry if I'm rambling I just want to make sure I'm understood  Oh my...

That is just possible and it is even possible to move your entire installation folder to an usb drive or stick and from there then move it to the other computer. I assume you already have installed TS4 on your computer. So you go to the place where ts4 is installed, copy the whole the sims 4 folder and be sure everything in it is copied. And if you want you can also move your savegames this way.

hereticgeth wrote:Yes it's entirely possible! I've done it for a friend because she wanted the game and mods, and it was a lot faster for me to transfer everything to a hard drive and then download it for her. 

What I do, is make sure the basegame + DLC's are in a folder on my desktop. Since you have to install each DLC separately, I'd keep them in their own folders in that folder. Make sense? I hope so. 

It's entirely possible to just move the sims4.rar to a hard drive, and then open it on a new PC!

Better move that folder to a partition, like D  or E. stuff on your desktop is actually the C drive. So if your computer crashes or needs to be formatted, the folder is gone. I've made a folder on the F partition which is simply called sims 4. In here every file downloaded here from g4tw is stored, so that means basegame, expansions, ultimate fix and language files. Also made a folder for the mods i use and i store backup files there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2017, 09:36

I've moved the entire The Sims 4 folder to:
1. USB-stick
2. External HDD

I also made an .iso file on a virtual diskdrive (Poweriso) just to make sure that it cannot be "attacked" by my anti-virus program and/or Origin.
My story-progress, by default in C:\user\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, is also re-routed to my external HDD

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 30 Jan 2017, 11:40

If you're having trouble transferring such large files to a USB Flashdrive, make sure it's an NTFS file system. There's a limit to how large a file you can transfer to a FAT32 drive.

To find out: Right-click your drive and select "Properties", the information you need is near the top. If it happens to be a FAT32 file system, you need to right-click on that drive again and select "Format..." from the drop down menu. Once you get there, you can select the file system in the window that has popped up.

Make sure there's nothing on that drive that you want to keep before you do this, because it will be erased.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jan 2017, 01:45

Oh my gosh I finally got it working thank you guys so much I never would have figured this stuff out! Much love <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top