Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transferring Sims 4 to a new computer.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Transferring Sims 4 to a new computer. Empty Transferring Sims 4 to a new computer.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Mar 2020, 06:01

Sorry if this is not the right area to post not sure what would be? I have a desktop on the way and hope I can transfer my G4TW sims and expansions to it. Having to redownload them all gives me nightmares 😆 is there a way to do this? All videos were only showing it’s possible with origin. Any help is appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Transferring Sims 4 to a new computer. Empty Re: Transferring Sims 4 to a new computer.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 06 Mar 2020, 06:13

Kays01104 wrote:Sorry if this is not the right area to post not sure what would be? I have a desktop on the way and hope I can transfer my G4TW sims and expansions to it. Having to redownload them all gives me nightmares 😆 is there a way to do this? All videos were only showing it’s possible with origin. Any help is appreciated.

Hello @Kays01104 and welcome to the G4TW Forums,

Well, I would recommend using a big-enough external hard-drive or some other portable medium. Very Happy On that medium, you put your "The Sims 4" installation folder, the one that has the subfolders such as __Installer, Data, Delta, Game, etc. In other words, just copy your Sims 4 game installation, onto said medium.

Then you simply plug that medium onto your new PC, and transfer the folder "The Sims 4", onto your new PC.

Note that this is only for the actual installation. If you want to transfer your mods, saves, etc. then you have to go back to your old computer, and repeat the above procedure. But this time, copy the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4-folder, onto the medium.

As a fun fact, transferring an Origin-installation to a new computer is actually going to be (a lot) trickier than it looks like on the surface. But I digress.

Good luck for now!

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Transferring Sims 4 to a new computer. Empty Re: Transferring Sims 4 to a new computer.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Mar 2020, 07:07

Tysm would you recommend one like this? Or even must it be bigger? Transferring Sims 4 to a new computer. 6bee0c10

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 06 Mar 2020, 07:15

Yes, yes. Looks good enough. A storage capacity of 128GB is more then sufficient, for The Sims 4. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top