Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't download the ultimate fix for the sims 3 (The game won't run after expansion pack installation). [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't download the ultimate fix for the sims 3 (The game won't run after expansion pack installation). [SOLVED] Empty Can't download the ultimate fix for the sims 3 (The game won't run after expansion pack installation). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2017, 08:37

Dear admin (or everyone), I got the sims 3 base game, ambitions, and university life from cd. I installed it, and runs fine for a few years.

Unfortunately, today I want to install the sims 3 season expansion pack. I did everything as the notepad said. But the game won't run and popped up a screen saying something like this: "the sims 3 has stopped working"

The ultimate fix, won't let being downloaded by me. The link in the forum bring me to the ad.fly site. I click the "skip ad" but it only shows a blank white screen like this: Wat. Can't download the ultimate fix for the sims 3 (The game won't run after expansion pack installation). [SOLVED] Games410

Can you send me a fixed link for the ultimate fix (and the update patch) if it's possible?
please help me! my holiday is almost over:(

NB: the installation guide said, I should copy and replace the files from the # crack folder to local disk C/ program files(x86)/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/ game/ bin right? but the folder in my computer is named program files instead of program files (x86) do you think is this the root of the problem? Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english Oh my...

Back to top Go down

Can't download the ultimate fix for the sims 3 (The game won't run after expansion pack installation). [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't download the ultimate fix for the sims 3 (The game won't run after expansion pack installation). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2017, 10:32

Firstly, if you don't have c:\program files(x86)\ that just means you have a 32bit version of windows installed. But that doesn't matter and the instructions are the same just minus the (x86).

Secondly, the normal ultimate fix file host may of been down temporarily but that is why if you read the next line there were 2 links to mirrors (mirror 1 and mirror 2) which just now after testing both work perfectly fine. They are there for this exact reason, if the main link doesn't work use them.
I just tried the normal link right now and it also worked, so all 3 links work.
Not sure what the issue is but you can try using a different browser if the links still don't work.

Thirdly, do NOT use the crack that came with the download of Seasons as it is terribly out of date and you should use the one provided in the Ultimate Fix.
Follow the instructions in the Ultimate fix for the most up to date method of cracking the game.

Working links to the Ultimate fix- (Alternative download links: Mirror 1Mirror 2)

Back to top Go down

Can't download the ultimate fix for the sims 3 (The game won't run after expansion pack installation). [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't download the ultimate fix for the sims 3 (The game won't run after expansion pack installation). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2017, 12:03

Oh ok, the link is working now haha:p

And then, one thing confuses me. I downloaded the ultimate fix and there are so many folders. Since I'm already installed the base game (and ambitions), should I extract and copy&replace the files in the base game (and ambitions) folder? Or should I only extract the files in the all expansion pack released after and including generations folder?

NB: the game version is already 1.67, which means I don't need to update the game again right? Also do I still need the files in the # crack folder even I don't update the game? Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2017, 12:15

Seeing as you have the legit versions installed from disc and not the pirated versions, you are going to need to copy and replace files for ambitions. Then in the 'all other expansions' copy and replace those into the base game folder as directed in the instructions.

You can try skipping doing the update but you may encounter issues down the line or content missing from the game. Personally whenever I installed any expansions, I reapplied the update just to be sure.

Once it is all updated then copy the files in #crack to the base game folder as per the instructions. Now everything should work fine, and yes you do need the files in the #crack or else the game won't work or recognise the pirated expansion.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 30 Jan 2017, 12:21

Actually, no, you only need the ones from the #crack folder, since that's the only crack. The superpatcher doesn't require the original exe&dll, so you can skip all those other folders.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2017, 12:23

Ɛɗιη wrote:Actually, no, you only need the ones from the #crack folder, since that's the only crack. The superpatcher doesn't require the original exe&dll, so you can skip all those other folders.
Ah that is good to know, I never knew that haha. Personally I have always just used the manually patcher and not the superpatcher which I assume needs to the originals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2017, 13:18

Ah, I just copy and replace the files in the following folders before check this thread again (systematically, just like the installation guide): base game, ambitions, and all expansion pack including after generations, and the followed by files in # crack without updating it...

HOLY **** THE GAME IS WORKING

eh, it's a bit laggy as usual, but still can handle it.

Thank you for everyone who's contributing in this thread! Very Happy Very Happy may all your wishes comes true in this year!

whoever creating the ultimate fix, THANK YOU SO MUCH GOD LOVES YOU!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 30 Jan 2017, 20:12

Good to hear!
Unfortunately, the sims will always lag just a little bit. You could have a look at this post to see if any of that helps at all.

Don't hesitate to post again if you have any questions.

Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)