Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help With Sims 3 Expansion Pack Installation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help With Sims 3 Expansion Pack Installation Empty Help With Sims 3 Expansion Pack Installation

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jun 2013, 20:40

Well first off I would like to say thanks for all the effort you guys have put in to your website and downloads. Also I'm pretty new at this so sorry if this all sounds really dumb or simple  :newfag:  

Now the reason I'm posting is because I've been trying to install the Sims 3 for the past few days, learning bits and bits each day and I believe I'm finally coming close to the end. I've downloaded the Sims 3 base game, every expansion pack, and every stuff pack. So far I've only installed the Sims 3 base game though along with manually updating and using the Ultimate Fix on it. Now here's where my problem lies. I've read all of the Installation Guides included with the downloads but as I've been reading through your guys' forums it seems like I shouldn't be following them as they're "outdated". So I keep seeing people being linked to this https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly but either I'm not fully understanding it or I'm missing something. Basically all I've done so far with the expansions is Step 2 of the World Adventures Expansion Pack which is changing the number in the SKU file and I'm not sure if I was supposed to but I'm unsure of what to do past this point. Do I need to do this for each expansion pack or what? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Sanity on Thu 13 Jun 2013, 20:53; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Help With Sims 3 Expansion Pack Installation Empty Re: Help With Sims 3 Expansion Pack Installation

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jun 2013, 20:45

Ok, here's what I suggest:
¤ Open the Ultimate Fix, take all files from every folder EXCEPT THE CRACK FOLDER (leave it alone for now), and copy the file to their respective locations.
¤ Then go on and install other EPs
¤ Check your game is version 1.50
¤ When everything is installed, copy the files from the Crack folder of the Ultimate Fix to the base game install folder.
Then you should be able to play!
Good luck and tell us how it went!

Back to top Go down

Help With Sims 3 Expansion Pack Installation Empty Re: Help With Sims 3 Expansion Pack Installation

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jun 2013, 21:52

Shamrock wrote:Ok, here's what I suggest:
¤ Open the Ultimate Fix, take all files from every folder EXCEPT THE CRACK FOLDER (leave it alone for now), and copy the file to their respective locations.
¤ Then go on and install other EPs
¤ Check your game is version 1.50
¤ When everything is installed, copy the files from the Crack folder of the Ultimate Fix to the base game install folder.
Then you should be able to play!
Good luck and tell us how it went!

So basically I should follow everything in the video for how to install the folders from the Ultimate Fix on your guys YouTube channel? (I would post the link but it won't let me) or should I copy Generations and Town Life to their own expansion folders and not into the base game folder? 

As for installing the Expansion Packs I'm not fully sure how to do that Facepalm Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jun 2013, 21:54

Ok, please do not follow the instructions of each folder, just the Ultimate Fix ones!
Secondly, to install expansions is really simple, assuming you're on PC (since you posted here and not the Mac section). Extract the archive, then double click the setup file! Wink
Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jun 2013, 23:45

Shamrock wrote:Ok, please do not follow the instructions of each folder, just the Ultimate Fix ones!
Secondly, to install expansions is really simple, assuming you're on PC (since you posted here and not the Mac section). Extract the archive, then double click the setup file! Wink
Good luck!

(Sorry for the late reply. I had to take care of some stuff really quick.) Okay so don't follow those instructions, got it. Yes I'm on a PC with Windows 8, just to clear that up. Also just to make sure I'm understanding correctly you want me to take the files from the Ultimate fix folders and put them into their respective folders (i.e. put the Generation expansion pack folder from the Ultimate Fix into the Generation expansion pack folder) before I install each expansion pack? Then after I do that I run the setup file for the expansion pack I'm currently installing then repeat for each expansion pack in order? 

Sorry if this is all really simple or annoying to answer. I'm just trying to make sure I do it right the first time so I don't make any mistakes and have to do everything over again.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Thu 13 Jun 2013, 02:58

The way I actually recommend you do this, is to install the base game. Then download the manual patch and update to 1.50, so that you aren't prompted to update through the rest of the installations. Then install the rest of the expansions, in any order you'd like. Once you're completely done installing everything you want, then re-apply the manual patch. It's going to tell you that your game is already up-to-date, apply it again anyways. Then, when all that is done, go ahead and use the ultimate fix, but JUST the #crack folder.

Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Jun 2013, 03:55

invalidusername wrote:The way I actually recommend you do this, is to install the base game. Then download the manual patch and update to 1.50, so that you aren't prompted to update through the rest of the installations. Then install the rest of the expansions, in any order you'd like. Once you're completely done installing everything you want, then re-apply the manual patch. It's going to tell you that your game is already up-to-date, apply it again anyways. Then, when all that is done, go ahead and use the ultimate fix, but JUST the #crack folder.

Smile

"The way I actually recommend you do this, is to install the base game. Then download the manual patch and update to 1.50, so that you aren't prompted to update through the rest of the installations. Then install the rest of the expansions" Okay so far I've got that done with not to many problems.

"Then install the rest of the expansions, in any order you'd like. Once you're completely done installing everything you want, then re-apply the manual patch" My problem with this is that I'm not entirely sure on how to install the expansions(I know, I must seem really dumb Facepalm) or at least I'm not aware of the steps to installing them. The guy before you said to place the files from the Ultimate Fix folder into each expansion before installing them but you're saying to wait until after I install them to update. Also the order they're installed doesn't matter at all? Just making sure.

Again sorry about being so confused and thanks for the reply Very Happy

Last edited by Sanity on Thu 13 Jun 2013, 20:36; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Jun 2013, 04:40

What do you mean not entirely sure on how to install the expansions?
All you have to do is launch the setup, follow the steps to installing your expansion, then when it is done apply the crack. Then do the same for the next expansions.

As far as I know the order of installation doesn't matter, but you should still try to install in order, just in case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Jun 2013, 20:46

Minorinrin wrote:What do you mean not entirely sure on how to install the expansions?
All you have to do is launch the setup, follow the steps to installing your expansion, then when it is done apply the crack. Then do the same for the next expansions.

As far as I know the order of installation doesn't matter, but you should still try to install in order, just in case.

What I mean by that is people keep saying different things. Some people say follow the guide in the download, others don't. Some people are saying the same steps but in different orders. I'm just really confused at this point. 

I did as you said and launched the setup but when it finished it asked for a registration code. I've been told to ignore the cracks from the Expansion folders themselves because they're outdated. So what do I do at this point? Do I run the serial file from the original Sims 3 download and use that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top